Main Menu

Podcast recommendations

Started by JayzusB.Christ, 29 January, 2016, 12:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Just seen this, downloading it now. No idea if it's any good or not.Podcast: Over/Under Movies Pits 'Watchmen' Against 'Dredd.'.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

radiator

QuoteJust seen this, downloading it now. No idea if it's any good or not.Podcast: Over/Under Movies Pits 'Watchmen' Against 'Dredd.'.

I'm only partway through but this is a great podcast. It's refreshing to hear people who have actually done their research talking about Dredd for a change - and it's also one of the only reviews of the movie that actually pick up on its dry sense of humour - something that even people who praise the film almost always miss.

If they can make it to the end of the episode without mentioning The Raid, I might pass out.

Dudley

One more: How Did This Get Made?

Three good comedians review terrible movies.  Episode 40 is Stallone's Dredd: be warned that they take issue with the movie for the stuff it gets from the comic, as well as its general awfulness.  Better to start with Sleepaway Camp (ep 48).

radiator

Quote from: Dudley on 23 March, 2016, 05:12:45 PM
One more: How Did This Get Made?

Three good comedians review terrible movies.  Episode 40 is Stallone's Dredd: be warned that they take issue with the movie for the stuff it gets from the comic, as well as its general awfulness.  Better to start with Sleepaway Camp (ep 48).

I mentioned HDTGM in my first post, but The Flop House (hosted by current and former Daily Show writers) is actually my snarky 'bad movie' podcast of choice. The style - essentially extended riffs on stream-of-conciousness pop culture references - is not for everyone, but when its on form it often has me in tears of laughter.

And I can't recommend I Was There Too highly enough. It's basically a series of extended interviews with supporting actors, extras or behind the scenes folk who were on-set for iconic moments in cinema history, so you get some really unique, interesting perspectives. Highlights include Jeanette Goldstein talking about her role as Vasquez in Aliens, Greg Proops talking extraordinarily candidly about his role in The Phantom Menace, assorted interviews with the actors who played the bus passengers in Speed, and, funnily enough, How Did This Get Made's Paul Scheer talking about his bewildering non-appearence in Eddie Murphy flop Meet Dave. It's a really funny, warm show - all the guests so far seem like genuinely lovely people and the host is a really charming, witty presence.