Main Menu

Getting 2thou in Belgium

Started by gurnard, 24 May, 2011, 11:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gurnard

Hello.  I live in Belgium.  My local comic store guy has trouble getting 2thou as a retailer, he says that he gets no reply to his messages. 

Does anyone know the best contact for him o use, as a retailer in Belgium. Who to contact about purchasing 2thou?

The only other option is that he buys them from the U.S. from diamond but that is crazy.

Emperor

Wouldn't the simplest thing be getting a subscription? I don't believe that post between European countries costs any more than postage within one, so there might be no great barrier to getting your 2000AD in Belgium. Give the nice subs people a bell and see what they say.

Diamond ship comics all over the globe, so if a shop can order American comic books through them then they can order 2000AD too.

Diamond have Diamond UK:

QuoteAs Diamond Comic Distributors' British counterpart, the London, England-based Diamond UK works closely with overseas comics retailers to bring the hottest comic books and related merchandise to fans throughout the United Kingdom and Europe.

www.diamondcomics.com/public/default.asp?t=1&m=1&c=3&s=305&ai=36048

As their site also suggests:

http://retailer.diamondcomics.co.uk/newaccts/international.htm
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

paddykafka

Drat and botheration! Going by the title of this Thread, I thought it was some sort of Get-Rich-Quick scheme especially for Tooth boarders. What can I say? Deep down I am a shallow individual ...

gurnard

Emporer thanks for the heads up I will pass the info on. 

bluemeanie

Yeah, mate of mine lives there, has a subscription and has had zero complaints about the service.

gurnard

I had a sub for 4 years or so (I dropped the sub a couple of years ago but that is another story) and yes the subs were good fantastic service and price.  There were some missed issues but this was fixed.
Interesting to know that there is another 2000ad fan in Belg I thought I was the only one having Bel01 on the sub envelopes, funny.

This situation is for an established retail shop to sell to new comers to 2000ad so he needs retail price not subs.

Thanks for the replies.

Emperor

Quote from: gurnard on 26 May, 2011, 12:01:27 PMThis situation is for an established retail shop to sell to new comers to 2000ad so he needs retail price not subs.

Ah sorry I misread the question (not feeling too clever recently, I suspect some kind of evil scientist at work with his braingun) as I thought you were asking about getting a copy for yourself either subs or through a comic shop.

This might be something the PR droid can help with but I'd suggest contacting Diamond UK who seem to cover UK and Europe:

QuoteIn addition to our network of Distribution Centers across the U.S., Diamond also maintains a facility in England, Diamond UK, which serves all of the United Kingdom as well as Europe.

http://retailer.diamondcomics.co.uk/newaccts/international.htm

There are other distributors (and it might be there is someone like the Belgian-equivalent of WH Smiths who retail and wholesale) but I'd suggest they should be your first port of call.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Emperor on 26 May, 2011, 03:43:43 PM
[ (not feeling too clever recently, I suspect some kind of evil scientist at work with his braingun)

[/quote]

To be honest I find it vaguely reassuring that there is someone out there, your nemesis if you will, that's doing all he can to stop you absorbing the whole of the Internet. The question I have though is who is the one with the evil scheme...

...anyway back on topic. Belgium huh