Main Menu

The New Prog & Tor Cyan.

Started by Oddboy, 25 June, 2002, 06:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oddboy

How come each episode so far has been a different story?  They all blatently follow on from each other.  They should all be one story.
Apart from that - I'm enjoying it, and I never did that with Cyan or Mercy before.

Sin Dex was very funny but quite silly especially after the serious 'croak' threat & the downright depressing 'Don't end up like me I hate my life' story.
Maybe that's a good thing.

13 was great!  I started getting a bit bored with it after a few weeks but it's back on form again now.

Judge Dredd just gets better and better with Sin City

That's all.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Art

The Amstor Computer

Mmmm... this run of Tor Cyan has been quite good so far (2 episodes in...), though John Tomlinson is going to have come up with a bloody good explanation for Rogue being in Rahab - mind you, some superb artwork from Jock has helped.

Sin/Dex? To be honest, I'm at the stage where I'm finding Future Shocks more entertaining. The one-off in prog 1295 was fairly dull, but David Bircham's art took it several notches lower on the thrill-o-meter. Sin/Dex is now the last thing I read in the prog - a rare honour that even Telguuth didn't receive.

13's motoring along nicely & I can't wait to see where it goes next.

Sin City - utter marvel. Great script, great art & the return of Orlok. Definite contender for a collected edition.

Oddboy

Sorry I just got a bit excited...

Oddboy

It's SOOO gonna be collected.  The way there's no overlap picture & no storysofar panel tell us that.

Stu

i wanna go!

I quite like Sin/Dex when Simon Davis is on art duties and there's a multi episode story of some sort. The one off stories with cartoony art are really lame though.

Oddboy

We all seem to be stuck in bold now.
I think we broke it.
 Is this better?

I hope SB Davis comes back to the duo soon, hopefully for this 'big' story suggested in 'croak'.

Smiley

Rahab reminded me of Charybdis (Or whatever that thing in Cinnabar was called). I Thought it might have been a spore which went off on its own and carried Rogue's stolen genes with it. But the preceding episode had a No:4 bio-chip (which I thought Cyan left behind at the Nu-Earth memorial.) Curiouser and curiouser....

Oddboy

The first page of the first episode was (I think) a flash back to when he had it.  I read the P2000 episode yesterday (the Thargnote said see Prog 2000 I who am I to disagree with the Mighty one?) and he did indeed leave it on Nu Earth.  Where (I think) Rahab found it, but it wasn't enough for its purposes - it wanted a real live GI.

paulvonscott

Mudcrab

Just to put my bit in, I thought it was a hell of a good prog. Sin City's just a joy to read and 13 just gets better.

Tor Cyan has outgrown my estimations and is turning out to be quite intriguing, although as someone else said, they' better have a good explanation for things! I have high hopes for it though.

And just to balance the views, I thought Sinister Dexter was superb this week. A bit silly yes, but it always has been. The artwork was excellent though. A few obvious influences, but all of them good and on a whole I thought it was superb. Well done that droid!

Hmm, wonder if my icon worked?
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

Mudcrab

NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

DavidXBrunt

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with that. Sin Dex was very good indeed this week. The last page in particular. I'm tempted to buy another copy just so I can frame that page...

2000AD Online

Sin City rules!  I hope it never ends.  The new Tor Cyan, while confusing, is his best yet.  As for SnD, there seems to be something missing...but I{m suspending my judgement.  It may turn out well.  I liked the movie argument, that was like their old form.  Thirteen is excellent, ne?  I just hope that spirit woman doesn{t sit on any metal benches in that gear.
  I{m feeling especially benign towards the new prog because I{m wading through progs 900 to 1000 and it[s like the girl with the curl - the good stuff is fantastic (crusade, goodnight Kiss) but the bad stuff is execrable (mambo, the grudgefather...)

Slippery PD

Sin City is great and I still cant see how it may turn out in 3 episodes time and why hasnt anything been said about dredd from 1300 on.....  
I really like 13, its pacing is good and all round is a cracking good yarn.
Tor Cyan is okay, but is rather difficult to follow as the plot seems to be all over the place.  I do like Jocks art tho'.  I am intrigued how it will fit together altho it may need a reread once complete.
Sin Dex I thought was weak.  I liked the B&W art, we need some more of it.  Sorry DXB u cant please all the people all the time :-))))