Main Menu

Anyone for traveling to Hi-Ex in a minibus next year!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 17 September, 2009, 04:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

locustsofdeath!

Quote from: TordelBack on 18 September, 2009, 12:08:51 PM
No chance Logan could wrangle an APC?

In that case, someone at some point must yell either "prepare for immediate dust off!" or "marines, we are leaving!".

Then our trip will be perfect.

Bolt-01

Tell you what- if this does work out It would be fantastic to try to time it to coincide with your journey, cause once you get past Edinburgh-Glasgow there is really only one route you can take.

RAC- I reckon that you could do worse than to make sure Commando gets one of the Con posters next year- to display prominently in the van.

SamuelAWilkinson

We have to nuke the con from orbit, it's the only way to be sure!
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.

Trout

That's a great idea CF!

I'm having to wait until the last minute before committing to Hi Ex. I should really see what our domestic situation is like. Our impending arrival will be about four months by that time.

So I can't commit to your bus idea, but if there's a spare seat at the last minute, I may jump on at Perth!

All the best with that.

- Trout

Trout

One other thing I meant to add: whether I'm aboard or not, I demand a squaxx-infested rest stop at my house! We're about 20 minutes from the A9, and maybe two hours short of Inverness, here in the wilds of Cal Hab.

- Trout

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: King Trout on 18 September, 2009, 01:14:38 PM
One other thing I meant to add: whether I'm aboard or not, I demand a squaxx-infested rest stop at my house! We're about 20 minutes from the A9, and maybe two hours short of Inverness, here in the wilds of Cal Hab.

- Trout

Yeah, riiiiiight. Having (fairly) recently had experience of four month old children, nappies, feeds and screaming, I very much doubt we'd even be fully parked outside your house before you and the missus were running like fun down the motorway, headed for a plane abroad, leaving a small bundle and instructions on your doorstep, and a note reading "back in two weeks, thanks guys!". I've got your number Mr Trout.

SBT

Trout

Trout

Bugger it! Hi Ex, it turns out, clashes with my daughter's fourth birthday. It's a definite no from me.

- Trout

Proudhuff

sounds like a hoot, the collective noun for geeks must now be: a busload?

DDT did a job on me

Bolt-01

Whoa! Can we all come round for Ice cream with Rose? I'm sure Mrs Trout would love to have a couple of cars full of nerds turn up :)

Trout

A great plan! Just pretend you've broken down, and all the Dredd T-shirts are just an amazing coincidence.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Okay, new update. I've been to a firm that is just on the way into town and asked them for quotes for the trip and here are the prices.

7 seater £210
9 seater £255
15 seater £285
17 seater £315

For CDW they add £10 a day so that's £30 and also I can pick the vehicle up the night before for an extra £15 so I can set off very early to start the pick ups.

So if we go for the 17 seater it'll cost £360 for the whole trip and all we do is add the cost of fuel.

Buttonman

This sounds a great idea and would certainly do away with the ackward looking around at the Con trying to put names to avatars.

i'm in Paisley so I'd only come if you were struggling to fill the bus as otherwise I'd be doing someone out of a seat who's got further to travel. The other downside is that by the time the bus got to me the smell of B.O. and Wotsits would be intolerable!

Anyway put me down as interested (and interesting!) and we'll see what happens.

I take it the person with the most letters published gets to ride shotgun?

Richmond Clements

QuoteI take it the person with the most letters published gets to ride shotgun?

We're flying Grant over now are we..??