Main Menu

Forum gathering in London anyone?

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 25 October, 2010, 05:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Having just had a chat with SBT and talking about the next convention meet being a while yet, we came up with a temporary solution!

How's about this, one Saturday (tbc) we meet up in London (I know, it's always down south) and wander round the numerous comic establishments whilst having a drink inbetween each shop and then finishing with a meal and some more drinking. It won't be an all nighter as this will give everyone a chance to catch their respective trains, buses & taxi's home.

Obviously dates would have to be figured out but we'll see what the feedback is first, so come on, let's not let the Scottish contingent show us up. You've seen how everyone get's on at the conventions and has a good laugh, so why not give this a go!

The Doctor Alt 8

Ohhh tricky.
Saturdays is practice day for combat.

Unless you guys facy learning to play with swords?

COMMANDO FORCES

When I mentioned this to my missus, she thought I was on about a works do, then she said it's like a and I quote "sad bastards Christmas do", the cheek of it, it's not even Christmas  :lol:

She loves you all really  :D

Doctor, we'll be having our food in the evening, surely you won't be fighting all day and night?

Peter Wolf

This sounds like a good idea but please please please no chinese food and no eating anywhere just because its cheap and no chain pubs like Wetherspoons and that type of thing.

Other than that i am interested and i will be able to recommend various drinking and eating establishemnts along the way.

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 25 October, 2010, 05:37:44 PM
When I mentioned this to my missus, she thought I was on about a works do, then she said it's like a and I quote "sad bastards Christmas do", the cheek of it, it's not even Christmas  :lol:

I will pretend i didnt read that but yes the bloody cheek of it !
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

COMMANDO FORCES

I only eat in cheap places when FatboyDale is around  :lol:
It'll be proper pubs Peter and the food can be figured out as we progress on here!

Dunk!

"Trust we"

Buttonman

Southern softies with their fussing over the grub shop - any drinker worth his salt will tell you that eatin's cheatin'.

Wake

SmallBlueThing

I love the way you have crowbarred a meal into this Chewie! When i suggested this, i confess the thought of eating didnt even enter my empty little head. "Comic shops! Pub!" was as far as i got, so well done for considering basic nutrition. Id've been kept alive by peanuts.
Boarders, comic shops, food, pub! Yay!
SBT

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Wake on 25 October, 2010, 07:54:54 PM
Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 25 October, 2010, 05:28:37 PMUnless you guys facy learning to play with swords?

Basic fives?

Oi! you two we'll have none of this historical re-enactment stuff spoiling the thread  ;)

And as for Buttonman, he's just jealous as down here we have a larger choice of food to choose from when we go out, instead of Haggis and deep fried Mars Bars!

EDIT: Peanuts in pubs = pubes and urine

zombemybabynow

yep I'm up for it - though a evening in the week, (post-work,) is better for me
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Kerrin

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 25 October, 2010, 08:05:21 PM Peanuts in pubs = pubes and urine

Only your own if you buy them in packets, peanuts that is, not pubes and urine. That would be weird...

I'm up for this, all depends on the date fellas.

COMMANDO FORCES

It'll have to be a Saturday due to a few people travelling into London from the coast and places similar, sorry zombemybabynow.

Pete Wells

Aye, I might be up for it if it's a Saturday and I get plenty of notice...

COMMANDO FORCES