Main Menu

The Strain

Started by amines2058, 15 July, 2014, 06:14:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amines2058

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 24 September, 2014, 02:28:00 AM
If you're claustrophobic, then the latest episode is not for you!

Hmm it was a little tense wasn't it. Watching from within my darkened Man cave (cupboard under the stairs) I was a touch nervous at a certain point.  :o :-\

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 26 September, 2014, 12:44:08 AM
Saw the second episode tonight. Very good!  It's all gonna go pear-shaped real fast I reckon!!!

Yup - there is a level of cheese to it though, and I couldn't resist thinking:

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCKT6ukArhw when they showed the big guy from behind.[/spoiler]
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

CrazyFoxMachine

The big cheese in The Strain is a bit silly really but the rest can be effectively tense and it's been a genuinely interesting watch week for week. I don't see a lot of it coming as well which is fantabulous.

Also the spoiler below is not for those who aren't up to date with the American broadcasts! And nobody whose read the books spoil it either I'm just wondering...

[spoiler]...when are we going to see those elite vampire vigilantes again?! [/spoiler]

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 27 September, 2014, 06:05:08 PM
I'm just wondering...

[spoiler]...when are we going to see those elite vampire vigilantes again?! [/spoiler]

They are rather exciting and after watching the latest episode I won't say if they do, or if they don't pop up  :-X

Grugz

we wasn't that impressed with it especially as the first episode was directed by gdt hisself...
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

DaveGYNWA

Quote from: DaveGYNWA on 26 September, 2014, 09:43:49 AM
Yup - there is a level of cheese to it though, and I couldn't resist thinking:

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCKT6ukArhw when they showed the big guy from behind.[/spoiler]

Have been playing catch-up on some shows recently and finally got to episode 9 with the big reveal of what the big bad looks like. The above video is now firmly stuck in my head for this character.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

ThryllSeekyr

I'm not sure if we will ever get this over here, but from what I have seen and read about this is ....

Some parts of it sound similar to Blade Two[/b[ with regards to the Vampires or the Striorgi (I'm not sure if I spelt that right!) can unhinge their lower jaw and the blood of their prey through their oversized and hollow tongue. I assume those are fanged instead.....

The vampires had some similar sort of set up with their lower jaws coming apart and sucking blood through a very long almost prehensile tongue appendage.

Both types of vampires also took aggravated damage from silver like a werewolf should.

That is about it though....

Otherwise it foes look interesting and appears to boast a atmosphere of horror the likes of which we haven't seen since those old Salem's Lot television series. The original, and not the very forgettable remake. It must have been terrible if I didn't think of it until I saw it on the very same paid I just Googled..

BTW that thing about vampire genitals becoming useless before they either drop off or just keep shrinking or what ever considering they expel waist while they are feeding is true to one original vampire legends that I read about that may have even been about Dracula. They no longer need to procreate like that ever again.

Link Prime

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 29 December, 2014, 12:52:23 PM
They no longer need to procreate like that ever again.

Fortunately for Buffy it isn't always the case.

I finished watching season 1 recently.
It was literally all over the place in terms of quality and acting, but quite enjoyable nevertheless.

I'm glad [spoiler]Eichhorst survived[/spoiler], as he was by far the best actor in the show, with a scene stealing performance, slightly reminiscent of Christoph Waltz in 'Inglorious Basterds'.

Season 2 ('The Strain' Season 2 or 'The Fall'?) is a go, so we definitely have more to come.

ThryllSeekyr

So they have gone in the different direction to that of Twilight[/b where all the vamps are beautiful people who seem more like blood sucking super-hero's (Something more to do with how they reveal their powers) in teen a soap. Great special effects of young men turning into dire wolves, but that is it.

Now this seems way to creepy...and the vampires aren't even free thinking individuals, but some sort of hive-mind connected to their master. Sure, they live forever, but only as mindless servant.

Just like Buffy Summers said about Vampires in the Buffiverse, -words to the effect-You die on the inside while a demon sets up shop and impersonating you, recalling everyone of your memories.

It sounds too creepy, even for vampires or the ones I have read of...or it could be that they are just the creepiest clan from Vampire the Masquerade and they been adapting this to film......

One or a few clans at a time....

Twilight could have been a film about the Toreador
[/url], Ventru[/b], Tremere[/b], and perhaps even the Brujah and Gangrel Some of the really beautiful, rich, nerdy, occult, transient and rebellious vampires. If you could forgive my association. There would still need to be a lot excuses for theses films and how poorly executed horror it is.

From what I have read and seen from The Strain... this could be about the Nosferatu, Tzimisce, Samedi

The ugly, disfigured or very close to thee walking dead.

Is that what these things are?