Main Menu

TRAPPED DEAD

Started by Emp, 19 August, 2011, 07:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emp

"A tactical zombie survival game" is how it describes itself. And while it does feel that way, bit like the first Fallout games the combat does become real time (you can use the spacebar to pause and issue orders) and fights occassionally get out of hand.

It claims its based on early zombie flicks and is quite atmospheric with several nice touches - a bleeding character attracks zombies as does the use of guns and locations like the G A Romero hospital.

Now the bad things.
The camera angle is crap(default is 45 degrees looking down at character) and although you can move it around the area and double back constanly trying to see as much as possible theres still times when you open a door to get jumped by zombies you just didn't see.
There are limited save "spots" throughout a mission,but these can be used only once. So do you save as you find them or hold off in case you have to come back that way with maybe another survivor?
The dialogue,voice acting and narration are fucking woeful, although i'm not sure if thats deliberate as its based on movies from the 80's.

The jury is still out on this one,though the game itself proudly boasts "Awarded best action game 2010 in Germany" :D

IAMTHESYSTEM

Not my sort of game since I prefer the FPS blast a thon but sounds like a game that at least has some thought put into it.

Best action game in Germany eh ? I suspect a game featuring [I assume] solitary survivors taking on hordes of Undead with limited supplies of 'life saves' must surely resonate with Germans and their tragic history more than anyone else.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla