Main Menu

New Readers Start Here!

Started by Richmond Clements, 20 September, 2012, 10:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Brown

Hey All,

I'm wanting to post in the prog forum and edit my profile.  Do I need to get further permissions for that?

Frank

I've pinged a Moderator - five green stars should be headed your way sharpish.

Adam Brown

IndigoPrime

Although given how sickeningly young the Brown droid is (at least compared to me), he's lucky to be getting those five stars. Kids these days. Tsk. Etc.

Tjm86

Quote from: Adam Brown on 19 September, 2018, 06:17:13 PM
Hey All,

I'm wanting to post in the prog forum and edit my profile.  Do I need to get further permissions for that?

I may be wrong but I think the correct protocol is to commit to sacrificing your first born child, donating 90% of your worldly goods and pledging to being Molcher's indentured servant for the next millennium.

Although I hear that if you offer him a nice pack of choccy biccies he may give you a pass on the first born child and settle for the third offspring instead.

Gtheperson

Hi all, I am new to 2000ad and the boards, having picked up my first prog, 2121, a few weeks ago. I've never really read much comics but have always been a fan of sci-fi short stories, and as my new work has a newsagents that sells 2000ad it seemed a good time to start reading. Really enjoying it so far, especially Dan Abnett's work (with great art in both 2000ad and Megazine). Like other's have said though I don't seem to be able to post in the spoilers sections.

broodblik

Welcome to the board Gtheperson.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JoeD

wattsy213

Hi

Thanks for letting me in, I look forward to reading through the forum and hopefully joining in on a few discussions.

Cheers!

sheridan

Quote from: wattsy213 on 31 May, 2019, 04:42:56 PM
Hi

Thanks for letting me in, I look forward to reading through the forum and hopefully joining in on a few discussions.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum!

DavidA

Hello all. Long term (on and off) reader and long term lurker. My first prog was #2, back in the day. I currently just buy the magazine.

Can I come into the forum please?

judgefloyd

Dredd is always good and The Pit is completely brilliant, can vouch for that. 

IF YOU KNOW DREDD A BIT...
The Pit (sector house procedural), 

KissMyAxe!

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 20 September, 2012, 10:48:05 PMSo, as we're getting a rather wonderful influx of new folks, I thought rather than having each of them asking where to start, the good folks of the board could help them out on this thread.
So, apart from Dredd, what to start with?
Hi new green guy here☝️ I see I've already had a message from my 1st post I believe Admin has to ok my option to reply are new members on some sort of probation and is there a waiting period? 🙏

I would suggest the  Kingdom and the Nemesis volumes to kick this off.

Borag Thungg

Hi everybody,

Recently resubscribed to 2000 AD after many years away. My partner bought me Best of 2000 AD volumes 1-3 for my birthday this year and after quickly reading them I desperately needed more Thrills.

I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed the prog and going forward, hope to get plenty of reading recommendations from this forum.

Ps...how do you add an avatar on here?

The Legendary Shark

Borags, Borag.

To add an avatar, click the white arrow at the top left of any forum page then select Profile Details from the drop-down menu.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]