Main Menu

New Readers Start Here!

Started by Richmond Clements, 20 September, 2012, 10:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73north

I have been reading 2000ad and the Megazine since 2012 ( I read it in the 1970's and early 1980's )
and it is my best ever investment in a subscription - amazing stories ,and have attended the Edinburgh and Manchester Comic Cons and met Wagner, Ezquerra ,Beeby and Rennie droids !

Espoc

Hi. I'm new to the forum. I discovered 2000 AD 35 years ago. Today I'm focused on Joe Dredd mainly and I should say only. I hold on thanks to the Dredd complete case files which are the best human invention since the pacifier. ;)

Link Prime

Welcome aboard Espoc & 73north.

SpongeJosh

Welcome folks.
Quote from: Espoc on 09 June, 2016, 08:01:28 AM
I hold on thanks to the Dredd complete case files which are the best human invention since the pacifier. ;)
Complete Case Files got me hooked on Dredd Espoc, back in '09. Now im chest deep in Progs, Meg and other related tat. :lol:

Quote from: 73north on 05 June, 2016, 10:13:42 AM
my best ever investment in a subscription
Just YES :thumbsup:

Splank!

Can someone point me at the criteria to be allowed to comment on main posts?Seem to be limited to a very small number of sections.

tworedsquirrels

I am a writer, musician and artist. I found 'The Journal Of Luke Kirby' referenced in Alan McKenzie's book 'How To Draw And Sell Comics'. I was intrigued to read more about this pre-Potter wizard

freq

Hi folks, am new to this. First got bit by the 2000ad bug circa 1980 or 81 or thereabouts, I was off school with the flu and my mum flung a comic at me with a kev o neill nemesis cover totally unsuitable for a 4 or 5 year old! I was hooked. Just finished former tharg Steve Macmanus autobiography, thoroughly enjoyed it

sheridan

Quote from: freq on 23 February, 2017, 09:42:52 PM
Hi folks, am new to this. First got bit by the 2000ad bug circa 1980 or 81 or thereabouts, I was off school with the flu and my mum flung a comic at me with a kev o neill nemesis cover totally unsuitable for a 4 or 5 year old! I was hooked. Just finished former tharg Steve Macmanus autobiography, thoroughly enjoyed it

Have you been reading the progs for the full time since the 1980s, or did you lapse and are now back in the fold?  Welcome to the forum!

freq

Lapsed in the 90s but still keep a big stack from about 78 to 92, have recently been abusing amazon for a plethora of graphic novels etc, and as a kid I would have loved to see myself in the 21st century as a 41 yr old on an interactive forum on the "information superhighway" I was lucky to see the golden age of bolland mcmahon et al and then fabry, bisley, hicklenton etc, I even still have all 7 revolver comics and a few issues of crisis, out of touch with the modern 2000ad but am finding my way back into it, im glad I lived to see a decent dredd film! I spent many hours in the 80s drawing posters for one!

Gyro

Hello fellow Earthlets, Have just recently got into 2000AD due to the 40th Birthday celebrations. I was totally stunned by the artwork and writing throughout and so have begun ordering back issues of 2000AD and The Judge Dredd Megazine. Honestly believe now that 2000AD is the greatest comic in the galaxy. Have also got a massive thrill from book 21 of the Judge Dredd case files - very, very impressive. Very interested in Scarlet Traces: Cold War 2 [new story] which I read the first part of today...amazing idea for a story I thought...

Gyro

Colin YNWA

Good to hear the 40th celebrations are still pulling folks to the comic, which is as you say The Galaxy's Greatest.

Great that folks are jumping on here. Welcome aboard and enjoy the new world of delights you've discovered.

Zarjaz

Hi Earthlets, not new to the world of Dredd, read the prog and related offshoots for over 30 years, new to forums! Favourites would be Dredd, Rogue and Slaine but enjoyed many others, ABC, Shakara. Also Skizz and the wiry ghostly one I can't remember the name of, young character drawn in swirls. Borga thung to all.

Dandontdare

Quote from: Zarjaz on 28 March, 2017, 09:37:40 AM
and the wiry ghostly one I can't remember the name of, young character drawn in swirls. Borga thung to all.

Welcome Zarjaz!

I'm racking my brains but I can't think who you mean - can you remember anything else, I'm intrigued!

Zarjaz

New this would happen, so am I, you're gonna get me searching the progs now!

BMCCOLL

Quote from: maryanddavid on 20 September, 2012, 11:21:54 PM
Strontium Dog , Leviathan, and Ace Trucking Co.

I'm a (very much) lapsed reader and to be honest can't make head nor tail of Ace. It must be my age because I read every strip when I originally bought 2000ad, from 1977 to 1983, and enjoyed it. :lol: