Main Menu

Just dawned on me that Stan Lee will charge for autographs

Started by matty_ae, 22 January, 2012, 08:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

what do you think? £25?

And is it only me who thinks its a bit... rich to charge for autographs?

Buttonman

He can do what he likes (charge for autographs) and I can do what I like (not pay for autographs).

Never understood the point of them anyway - I got Jim Bowen to sign his book for me when I bought it at a show (smashing!) and Debbie Greenwood's when I was on  BBC Scotland quiz show 'First Class' but that was so I could see in her dressing room. Apart from them never asked or wanted one from anyone.

TordelBack

Just dawned on me that people will ask Stan Lee for autographs...

Colin YNWA

SmallBlueThing

You type 'Debbie Greenwood', and i read 'Debbie McGee'.

I now need oxygen and a quiet place to lay down.

SBT

Buttonman

Ah the Lovely Debbie Greenwood (that is in fact her full name).

Former Miss GB and Mrs Paul 'Catchword' Coia.

I was 15 at BBC studios in Glasgow. We'd lost our second round tie against Regis School of Wolverhampton on the final question - It started 'Which wizard...' and I buzzed in and said 'Wizard Webb' who was on Tiswas at the time. The answer was of course 'Merlin' and we'd lost. sadly I trudged to Debbie's door and lo if she didn't answer it herself. 'Hard Luck Stephen love Debbie Greenwood XXX' she wrote. All was forgotten and it was a great day. Until it got shown on TV and I was slagged off for weeks - even by a cruel history teacher (Mr Sutherland) who replied to a wrong answer in class 'That's as right as Wizard Webb was'. Teachers can be so cruel.

The story has a happy foot note - when I won 'Weakest Link' the woman I beat in the final was from Wolverhampton - what's the chances of that happening then?

Colin YNWA

That's a great story... well I assume it was... I couldn't get passed Debbie Greenwood...

...Debbie Greenwood...

Arh I feel my 14 year old self again...

hippynumber1

Time travel and paedophilia? Does it count if you're touching up your younger self?

spireite68

You creeps must think I sailed through space on a synthi-biscuit!

Colin YNWA

NeilFord

Read the title as "Just dawned on me that Stan Lee will CHANGE for autographs" and spent a happy couple of seconds being appalled by the horror potential of Stan's extensive wardrobe of outfits.