Main Menu

DREDD CONCEPT ART

Started by JOE SOAP, 08 September, 2012, 01:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

Danbo

Yeah they REALLY need to get a  book together.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Fisticuffs

Pete Wells

Beautiful! That Peach Trees Block artwork on the previous page really does look like 'The Rocket' in Gateshead (recently demolished.)

JOE SOAP

Pete Wells (Da-Da) lives ath the top of that.

Fisticuffs

Peddling blackmarket sherbet dib-dabs to the local juves...

Pete Wells

Da-Da, ha ha! There's a Greggs on every level selling Slo-Mo Slices.

Steve Green

Heh.

Slows your stomach down to 1% it's normal speed?

Pete Wells

SmallBlueThing

That topmost alternative Lawmaster is the one to go for in the sequel, and is without a doubt the one they should have used in the movie as is. My only guess is it was too expensive this time around, because I don't think there's anyone in the world who would have moaned if we'd've seen that. Just fantastic! The best Lawmaster on film is the Minty literal-translation of the comic, but that one would come a very close second. As opposed to the one we have coming a close second because the only other one was that electric zimmer that Stallone briefly rode from one end of the studio to the other before it fell over.

SBT

blackmocco

Quote from: judge devs on 14 September, 2012, 12:50:40 PM
Well looks like it's going to do good business in the UK so hopefully we'll get one. We all know the score with the $50M box office needed in the States to get a sequel, but I've been seeing things about the apparent weak advertising in the States despite all the very positive reviews and feedback it's been getting. You'd think the reaction at San Diego Comic Con would tip off the distributers that the massive comic and sci-fi crowd in the US were very keen on this movie. I'm hoping this isn't true or turns out to be an issue.

Don't know where you saw that. Dredd is being advertised very well here in Los Angeles by Lionsgate. Posters everywhere and TV spots pretty regularly. If it doesn't make $50 mil, it won't be down to the lack of advertising.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Danbo

D o you think that could be the Deredd uniform that Mr Wagner thought was too riot coppy?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

judge devs

Quote from: blackmocco on 14 September, 2012, 08:00:06 PM
Quote from: judge devs on 14 September, 2012, 12:50:40 PM
Well looks like it's going to do good business in the UK so hopefully we'll get one. We all know the score with the $50M box office needed in the States to get a sequel, but I've been seeing things about the apparent weak advertising in the States despite all the very positive reviews and feedback it's been getting. You'd think the reaction at San Diego Comic Con would tip off the distributers that the massive comic and sci-fi crowd in the US were very keen on this movie. I'm hoping this isn't true or turns out to be an issue.

Don't know where you saw that. Dredd is being advertised very well here in Los Angeles by Lionsgate. Posters everywhere and TV spots pretty regularly. If it doesn't make $50 mil, it won't be down to the lack of advertising.

Actually, it was from a link on here to a magazine article that the poster had written. I can't remember what thread it was in though, I'll see if I can find it. I am however delighted to hear that this sounds like it was bullshit  :)

Cactus

Is there any way to make this forum display things wider? I'll be damned if I'm going scroll sideways on every post to see the left two-thirds of an image then the right two-thirds.  :thumbsdown:
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!