Main Menu

Dredd Sequel announced (or as near it to a drokkin' sequel)

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 22 March, 2013, 04:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

DROKK!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a way to start the day received the link in my email!!! WOW!!!!!

Mr Urban, your place in our real life hero area is not cast in rockcrete.

Simon Pegg,Phil Oakey,Metallica,Karl Urban
all upholders of the cause in the international market,
ok your role as bones adds further respect also.

OUTSTANDING
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Hoagy

"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

PsychoGoatee

8-Ball

I knew buying that t-shirt and three copies of Dredd (one blu-ray and two on DVD) would be worthwhile. I won't be popping any champagne corks until I hear something more definite but I feel better know than I did in the autumn/winter of 2012 when those box office numbers made my heart sink.
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

COMMANDO FORCES

Taken from an interview with Adi in May.

The film didn't perform at the box office, making $35m globally from a $50m budget, but it was the performance on DVD that silenced naysayers. "Dredd" home entertainment distributor Lionsgate said 650,000 units were sold on initial release, making it 2013â€ēs best selling new release DVD title.

Regardless of the money (it's a common theme throughout the discussion – Shankar's far more interested in creative integrity and making movies people love than first weekend box office, tracking and ROI; 'As long as it's someone's favourite movie, we've won,' he says), Shankar talks about the passionate "Dredd" devotees.

"The fan base keeps growing to the point where the growth has eclipsed the intense depression I felt from the film's initial commercial outcome," he says. "So for the past year and a half I've been working on an 'unofficial' Dredd short. Tonally it's very different to the movie, and like all my 'Bootleg Universe' shorts, it's 100 percent for the fans. A thank you for being so damn loyal"

IAMTHESYSTEM

Quote from: 8-Ball on 25 February, 2014, 06:21:55 PM
I won't be popping any champagne corks until I hear something more definite

Yeah I think we'll have to hang on till we hear it's been green lit with some official announcement from DNA/Rebellion. It might be we're reading to much into the tea leaves of course.

Isn't Adi intent on producing a short and if that's got the go ahead might it have become confused in some quarters as meaning 'sequel?'
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steve Green

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 03 June, 2014, 09:47:25 AM
Quote from: 8-Ball on 25 February, 2014, 06:21:55 PM
I won't be popping any champagne corks until I hear something more definite

Yeah I think we'll have to hang on till we hear it's been green lit with some official announcement from DNA/Rebellion Richmond. It might be we're reading to much into the tea leaves of course.

Isn't Adi intent on producing a short and if that's got the go ahead might it have become confused in some quarters as meaning 'sequel?'

COMMANDO FORCES

Interesting news from Twitter. Looks like NEW YORK COMIC CON is the place to be to see something by Adi this year!

Here is his tweet ADI'S TWEET

radiator

Looks to me like he just denied they are showing the Dredd short then.

Bat King

Lets look at the question.

Quote from: Paolo @TheGreenRaptor
SDCC is coming, does that mean we will have a new @adishankarbrand short film? :)

Lets isolate the location. 'SDCC is coming' that is the scene set: San Diego. So the question can be paraphrased as:
'Will there be a new @adishankarbrand short film at San Diego Comic Con?'

Consider the answer:

Quote from: Adi Shankar ‏@adishankarbrand
@TheGreenRaptor nope ... but will have something at NYCC ... I wanna change it up =)

There are two parts, as delineated by the 'but'. A negative answer to the question, 'Nope', with a qualifying statement regarding a further location 'but will have something at NYCC'. We could paraphrase this as:
'There won't be a short film ny me at San Diego but I'll be at New York and want to give you all something new there.'
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

JOE SOAP

As I posted about this on the other thread a few days ago, there's at least another more reason he's appearing at NYCC:

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,34200.12075/topicseen.html

COMMANDO FORCES

That thread is a bumbling mess and you can't find bugger all on it, as it gobbles everything up and moves on :lol:

PsychoGoatee

Just a random note, Adam "Edge" Copeland would make a terrific judge, look at that mug.  :lol: