Main Menu

Dredd Sequel announced (or as near it to a drokkin' sequel)

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 22 March, 2013, 04:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

MR. ELIMINATOR

I hope it's a really long short, like an hour and a half. That would be good.

Banners

Great news. It's not called "Cursed Edge" by any chance?

DeFuzzed

Woo!

Usually I try to restrain myself but fockit, after the harrowing emotional rollercoaster this movie has dragged me thru? - I'm exhausted, I'm giving it up and just going to coast along now on rainbows and unicorns optimism of 'anything's possible!'

Thanks for heads up, CF!

radiator

The Reddit thread makes for interesting reading - Shankar seems like one of the good guys.

What's especially interesting is that he personally hated that '3D' was added to the film's title.

Zarjazzer

The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

von Boom

Stan

Quote from: radiator on 23 March, 2013, 11:11:02 AM
The Reddit thread makes for interesting reading - Shankar seems like one of the good guys.

What's especially interesting is that he personally hated that '3D' was added to the film's title.

Yeah, it's definitely worth a scan. I'll go back and read it properly at some point.

Danbo

Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Mardroid

Quote from: Bat King on 22 March, 2013, 08:14:55 PM
Awesome news - never seen Dirty Laundry, till now.

Me neither. I kinda like the fact the guy [spoiler]delayed before reacting because, if we're honest, that's what a lot of us would do. Boy was that brutal when he did act though. Not unsatisfying (it's always satisfying to see hoodlums get their comeuppance) but it had me wincing. It's one of those things I enjoy to see, yet feel a bit guilty for enjoying it. It highlights that thin line between justice and vengeance and that attempting to do the right thing could end up as brutal and nasty as the scum-bags actions itself.[/spoiler]

A great short. [spoiler]And I liked the shirt bit at the end. I didn't realise it was him, but I haven't seen many Punnisher films.[/spoiler]

A Dredd short by this guy, preferably in the movie world, would be welcome.

Fisticuffs

Quote from: Noisybast on 23 March, 2013, 12:30:43 AM
Got to be In the Bath.

Definitely, one of my favourite Dredd stories, either that or the one with the Chinaman on a horse that comes to MC1 and ends up arrested, can't remember what its called.

junox

thanks C.F. 
just  went through this   Q and A .. It was a great read and very interesting

liked this question

[Question]Itsmeagainmargaret 1 point 2 days ago
If you could produce your dream movie, regardless of political or copyright issues that might make that impossible (like getting Disney to O.K. an R rated Star Wars for example). What would it be?

[Answer]adishankarbrand 3 points 2 days ago
ok dude it would totally be an R-Rated contained Boba Fett movie. It would be DREDD set in the world of Star Wars with Boba Fett instead of Judge Dredd.
permalinkparent

MR. ELIMINATOR

that's a terrible idea. I think one of the reasons people like big bobba is cuase you don't know anything about him, he's just a side guy. a whole film would ruin it. bobba fetts what stevete beuscemi/harry-dean stanon are to films in general

Sideshow Bob

Hi Guys,
To be honest, more Dredd on the big screen is great news ( Sly Stallone version excluded of course)...
And provided that it is along the lines of 'Dirty Laundry' it would be just awesome...
'Dirty Laundry' is exactly what a 'short' movie should be..... A quickly established story line, a few characters, some really bad perps getting their just desserts, and amazing and totally gratuitous violence......Beginning to sound familiar,  and what most of us have always wanted in a Dredd movie..

Just imagine for a moment, instead of Thomas Jane,  we had Dredd ( Urban preferred here ) dealing with the perps in exactly the same way.....I doubt there would be anyone in this forum complaining...Bring it on.....Please !!
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Sideshow Bob on 24 March, 2013, 09:16:13 AM
To be honest, more Dredd on the big screen is great news

If only; the days when you could watch a short before a feature at the flicks are long gone. I hope it ends up being more than Dredd stepping on a black man's legs.