Main Menu

September 18th set for 'Make A Dredd Sequel' day of action!

Started by dweezil2, 12 September, 2013, 01:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSurfer

And here it is in its natural environment before it went into captivity.

COMMANDO FORCES

There is a five-a-side court up the road, I'm thinking of hanging it from the fence and taking a few pics :lol:

Steve Green

If only you knew when Google Streetview cars were going past...

I, Cosh

If I was an evil media Svengali, I'd probably have one of my unpaid interns spend ten hours a day knocking up fake social media campaigns encouraging people to buy more copies of my films too.
We never really die.

flesario

Steve Green

They don't need fake media campaigns or unpaid interns, there are plenty of fans enthusiastic about Dredd to do it of their own accord.

Or organise a run of 60+ movie costumes, and find people willing to buy them, go to cons and dress up as that character.

Or make fan films.

Sometimes the answer is, they're just fans - rather than some conspiracy - and the IP holders have seen a way to get publicity for their product with minimal overheads, which is what they do.

If they sat in a corner with their arms folded saying, 'No we shan't support this thing' people would be screaming blue murder as to why they didn't do anything, and then blame *them* for the lack of a sequel regardless of whether there was any possibility of one or not based on home media sales.

I, Cosh

Yeah, I know. I thought it would be mildly amusing to see if anyone went daft. Which they didn't and it wasn't .

I know everyone will tell me yo just not to read the posts but I really wish there was an option to ignore entire sub-forums.
We never really die.

The Sherman Kid

You've really got to hand it to those behind the Make a Dredd sequel page, they really know how to run a campaign. Kudos to them.

Buy another copy on the 18th, hell why not.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Sherman Kid on 14 September, 2013, 10:25:29 PM
You've really got to hand it to those behind the Make a Dredd sequel page, they really know how to run a campaign. Kudos to them.

Buy another copy on the 18th, hell why not.

Feck it, why not.  I'll pick up a DVD
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

shaolin_monkey

shaolin_monkey

Incidentally, the 3D Blu ray is only £1 more than the DVD on Amazon!

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

amines2058

Just picked up the VHS of the 1995 Judge Dredd off ebay :D

(I have done this right haven't I??)

Only joking but will try to pick up a copy tonight on way home from work dependant on funds (get paid Friday so cash a bit low :( )

shaolin_monkey

Some lucky buggers are going to get a copy on Blu ray and DVD this Xmas. I also bought it on iTunes, and am currently on break in work watching it on my phone! Good times people, good times! :D

Dragonfly

Have bought the Blu-ray but must admit I am a little sceptical that this will result in sequel. Still, buying the film and putting more sales onto the total must be a better way of sending a message to those that make the decisions than a petition or letters, so I am more than willing to do it.
Had to order it off Amazon as went into the local Tesco first thing this morning to find they only had the DVD on the shelves. Bought the DVD on the day of release so this time around I was set on the Blu-ray, then it makes it seem I'm not buying exactly the same thing twice!
I don't even own a Blu-ray player at this point so this might prompt to go out and get one!