Main Menu

Dr Who: Daleks vs Mechons

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 28 January, 2014, 04:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

the Third Peter Cushing film trailer...

the Third Peter Cushing film trailer...
Everyone knows that there were two Dalek films in the 1960s starring Peter Cushing. It's not generally knwon that there was a third film made in 1967, based on the Doctor Who TV serial 'The Chase'. The master print of the film was lost in a fire in the Aaru / Amicus archives before the film was officially released. In 2009, in a box of dusty, charred old film canisters in the basement of a church in northern England, I located the last surviving footage from this film.

All that survived was the trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=josI9YR45dI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

mogzilla

nice one ...is this your creation? impressive cgi and they captured the 60's vibe nicely ...shame there weren't any more of these even though invasion earth was unstoppable!
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Dark Jimbo

Ideas a bit better than the execution, but good fun nonethless.

Charles Hawtrey as an Aridian(?) made me laugh out loud.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Enigmatic Dr X

Fan made trailers are pointless irritations
Lock up your spoons!

Tiplodocus

No - they are OK in this context.

But show no mercy to people creating "Hobbit 3: There and Back Again" trailers just now and trying to make it seem like a genuine  trailer.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Hawkmumbler

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 28 January, 2014, 06:02:57 PM

Someone's been hit by the grumpy stick today!

mogzilla

sir, I slap you with the wife's marigold and challenge you to a duel!
I spent many happy hours playing with the trailer maker on the dr who site flexing my creative muscles ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm sorry guys, but I just don't see the point in making a trailer for something that doesn't exist.

Granted, this is not pretending to be anything else.

The ones that really grate are those that claim to be official so as to get You Tube viewings. I gave up looking for trailers on You Tube in favour of Apple's site.
Lock up your spoons!

Steve Green

You mean like that cover for a Dredd/Mars Attacks crossover?

Dandontdare

and also a full coherent film with a beginning middle and end, even a short, is a lot of work. A fan trailer lets people do some amazing stuff in a compressed format without stressing about pacing, conclusions, character development, narrative etc.

And it emans we get stuff like Slaine: The Horned God

The Doctor Alt 8

Quote from: mogzilla on 29 January, 2014, 06:58:52 PM

I spent many happy hours playing with the trailer maker on the dr who site flexing my creative muscles ;)

If you guys do come to blows over this remember as a Herald I am qualified to judge the combat..

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 03 February, 2014, 06:30:56 PM
Quote from: mogzilla on 29 January, 2014, 06:58:52 PM

If you guys do come to blows over this remember as a Herald I am qualified to judge the combat..

We could fight...

but he would want to make a trailer about what he was going to do, even though we all know that it's a waste of time as it will never happen
Lock up your spoons!