Main Menu

When Urban met Stallone!

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 30 January, 2014, 06:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

Finally we get to see the meeting where Karl took over from Stallone and what they talked about  ;)

Urban is the Law

Goaty

Oh no subtitles! But can take big guess that Urban said better "I AM THE LAW!"

deadman1971

Stallone was jimp and should have been sentenced to five years in the iso cubes. Urban was awesome as Dredd.

ZenArcade

I just love the JIMP comment. My esteemed colleague Comando Forces has to have set the topic up just for that. Anyhow I'm sure it was an Urbane meeting.
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

jackstarr

Quote from: Goaty on 30 January, 2014, 08:06:02 AM

Oh no subtitles! But can take big guess that Urban said better "I AM THE LAW!"

@Goaty:
[spoiler]
Stallone:  "I am da laauw.  I am da *BAM!*"
Urban: "Should have kept your helmet on, creep!"
[/spoiler]

Goaty

von Boom

That was extremely satisfying. Cheers for that.

GrinningChimera

Pete Wells

Well that brightened up a gloomy Monday morning!

GrinningChimera

I think the guy (or lady) should remake it and add some slo-mo effects so we can watch his head explode in slow motion :D

Dudley

Good, but Urban's too wordy.  Dialogue should read:

> Iuh am duh LUH!
> Iuh am duh LUH!
> Iuh am duh LUH!
BLAMMM
> No.
END.

shaolin_monkey

Brill - just made me snort with laughter at my desk.  Now my colleagues think I'm even more weird.

Devons Daddy

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

PsychoGoatee

I maintain that the pompous over-the-top Stallone "I am the law" is kind of what very early Dredd comes across as in some ways, especially the Ron Smith stuff. Very puffed chest and chin held high. So I always feel Stallone kind of pulled that off brilliantly, though maybe an odd choice to go for the late 70s style Dredd in the mid 90s. And of course, should've kept the helmet on.

Or to put it another way, to me this would be like a cartoon of Christian Bale Batman biting Adam West Batman's head off. Funny, good cartoon, ha but anyways.