Main Menu

2000AD 40th Anniversary - 11th Feb 2017 - London

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 23 September, 2016, 06:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Skullmo on 13 October, 2016, 11:22:46 PM
It wasn't halo jones
Unless it's a character from a (non-2000AD) story I haven't read, I'd say it was just a generic 'Gibson Girl' pic.  Despite some of the press coverage it got, it doesn't look Halo, Toy or any other character from the Ballad.  It also doesn't look like Anderson or Samantha Slade (to me the next most prominent Gibson-illustrated female characters).  The first casualty of tabloid journalism is the truth, especially if you don't see first-hand what the story is actually about.

In case anybody's in any doubt - this is the (censored) offending pic:

...which isn't to say there aren't a few risque pics Ian's done in the past decade or so which look like they are Halo, presumably commissions.

Steve Green

There was a limited 50 print run for charity.

It was listed as Halo, some people objected including Alan Moore, Rebellion intervened and the print was pulled.

Someone posted that Ian had said it was an incorrect filename...

Anyway it's all a bit off-topic, just a bit of background.

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: Steve Green on 14 October, 2016, 09:12:22 AM
Anyway it's all a bit off-topic, just a bit of background.

Yeah perhaps we should stick to that and let this lie, guys. Not the time nor the place.

Dunk!

If CFM doesn't want his 40th ticket brought for him I'll step into the breach.

And none of this basic shite, I want the full-fat, elite club £95 quid ticket, please.

Cheers, Dunk!
"Trust we"

Steve Green

Booked.

Was umming and aahing for a variety of reasons, but went for the basic ticket.

See you in Feb if I don't see at you at Thought Bubble.

Skullmo

Quote from: Dunk! on 14 October, 2016, 08:23:11 PM
If CFM doesn't want his 40th ticket brought for him I'll step into the breach.

And none of this basic shite, I want the full-fat, elite club £95 quid ticket, please.

Cheers, Dunk!

Already got one, so I'll just have the money please. Thanks.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Bolt-01

For those of us driving- I've just discovered that the novotel is not short of parking. however it is £3.50 per hour... (only £1.50 per hour if you have a room)

So it looks like i'll be spending as much on parking as my ticket!

AlexF

If you're prepared to walk a bit - say, 15 mins - you can park on the street in Barnes for free on a weekend (just the other side of Hammermsith Bridge). There are also a couple of neat riverside pubs that way, too. And my old school, which is far less interesting.

Fungus

Grud help me, but I buckled and booked this too  :o

moly

Got my ticket just got to work out how to get the as the train line I use as always closed at the weekend

sheridan

I now officially have my ticket (as it was a birthday present!)

Proudhuff

I know, I know, you were waiting for this - the first Jock to withdraw....

Well It isn't Me and Dode, we're coming!

Tickets and hotel booked.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

and happy to contribute to the LOL CrazyFox fund!
DDT did a job on me

sheridan

Really looking forward to meeting up with all of you from the forum who don't attend Southern Contingent gatherings!  (er, not that I won't be delighted to see those who do attend the gatherings...)