Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstreeter

Will Nemesis have colour spreads? Just measured up, and the new editions seem to be the same as the complete edition phone book size, give or take, so I'm sorely tempted to replace them with lovely hardbacks. Just a shame about the covers, as I'm not collecting the whole set so they'll look a bit odd on the shelf.

Jade Falcon

So what's next, plus any idea how much Rogue Trooper we will get?  I have the older Rebellion paperbacks (Future of War, Fort Neuro, To the Ends of Nu Earth, Re-Gene, Eye of the Traitor and Realpolitik) as well as the 86ers.  Will we get material that does not appear in them?
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 20 October, 2017, 11:25:42 PM
So what's next, plus any idea how much Rogue Trooper we will get?  I have the older Rebellion paperbacks (Future of War, Fort Neuro, To the Ends of Nu Earth, Re-Gene, Eye of the Traitor and Realpolitik) as well as the 86ers.  Will we get material that does not appear in them?

After Nemesis is the first volume of Kingdom, then the earliest Strontium Dog stories from the Prog followed by volume 1 of Nikolai Dante.

There's 5 volumes of Rogue, which is 1000 pages give or take, so my guess is these will include the original run, plus Cinnabar, The War Machine, and extra annual & special stories. I haven't read Realpolitik - would this need to include other stories from the run at that time?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 23 October, 2017, 08:38:09 AMThere's 5 volumes of Rogue, which is 1000 pages give or take, so my guess is these will include the original run, plus Cinnabar, The War Machine, and extra annual & special stories.
The first three phonebooks, which run from Rogue Trooper through to The Hit, adding a bunch of extras, clock in at ~1200 pages alone. So I suspect anything beyond just the original run will depend on how much the page count of those five volumes will be maxed out (250 per book is the limit, according to Matt Smith), and how much 'editing' is done.

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 October, 2017, 10:46:19 AM
Quote from: abelardsnazz on 23 October, 2017, 08:38:09 AMThere's 5 volumes of Rogue, which is 1000 pages give or take, so my guess is these will include the original run, plus Cinnabar, The War Machine, and extra annual & special stories.
The first three phonebooks, which run from Rogue Trooper through to The Hit, adding a bunch of extras, clock in at ~1200 pages alone. So I suspect anything beyond just the original run will depend on how much the page count of those five volumes will be maxed out (250 per book is the limit, according to Matt Smith), and how much 'editing' is done.
Yes I suspect it will be the first three phonebooks only.

FB have just confirmed Rogue Trooper vol1 as issue 14 / vol 47, which is 21st Feb next year and after Halo Jones on your shelf. Guess the forum user who suggested Rogue would be mid-collection was right.

Arkady

I was hoping for some Friday. Some of that stuff is great, and historically interesting too, what with it being Dave Gibbons' baby.

IndigoPrime

I'd happily read War Machine again, in this collection. But the rest of it? Bleh. (Some of the John Smith stuff was admittedly quite good, but it appeared to exist in a very different and far more violent/bizarre universe.)

EDazzling

I canceled my subscription last week but £20 just disappeared from my account, what's people's experience of getting money back from Hachette?

Swerty

Quote from: Arkady on 23 October, 2017, 02:10:37 PM

I remember being blown away by some Henry Flint artwork on Rogue.Was this ever reprinted?
I was hoping for some Friday. Some of that stuff is great, and historically interesting too, what with it being Dave Gibbons' baby.

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Tomwe on 23 October, 2017, 11:01:34 AM
Yes I suspect it will be the first three phonebooks only.

FB have just confirmed Rogue Trooper vol1 as issue 14 / vol 47, which is 21st Feb next year and after Halo Jones on your shelf. Guess the forum user who suggested Rogue would be mid-collection was right.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 October, 2017, 03:16:56 PM
I'd happily read War Machine again, in this collection. But the rest of it? Bleh. (Some of the John Smith stuff was admittedly quite good, but it appeared to exist in a very different and far more violent/bizarre universe.)

There may not be much more room beyond the original run then, if it's all included. However I'm happy to read lots of Smithian violent/bizarre stuff, Cinnabar included, in place of The Hit, which for me didn't add anything to Rogue, and I'm not sure the writers knew what to do with it after the interminable Hit One - "Oh, I just killed another double!" *sigh*

robert_ellis

Nemesis & Kingdom arrived today & look great. Nice to see the colour Nemesis covers reprinted even if they are shrunk down. Great to see the text pieces. Is that all the Nemsis material before Gothic Empire?

BPP

Wallet only for direct debit subscribers? Eh?

Was that always the case?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Magnetica

Quote from: robert_ellis on 25 October, 2017, 12:26:19 PM
Nemesis & Kingdom arrived today & look great. Nice to see the colour Nemesis covers reprinted even if they are shrunk down. Great to see the text pieces. Is that all the Nemsis material before Gothic Empire?

Does the Nemesis volume include book 3? And if so are the centre spreads in colour?

It's make or break for a purchase for me.

Arkady

Quote from: BPP on 25 October, 2017, 01:22:29 PM

Waaaa?

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: BPP on 25 October, 2017, 01:22:29 PM

It's not.
I'm not a DD subber and one has been sent to me.