Main Menu

Last game played...

Started by Keef Monkey, 11 June, 2011, 09:35:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radbacker

Rayman Origins is totally f'n arsom.  Haven't enjoyed a game so much in a long time, even better with two player co-op but gets a bit messy with 3 or 4 players.  Some of the nicest 2D graphics i've ever seen and music is sublime.  Had problems finding it though, whats with teh big retailers only holding biggest titles?
Asura's Wrath is kooky anime fun, any game where you punch a planet has got to be worth a look.  The between fighting is a bit lame but the boss battles rule and the story's quite enderingly bonkers, lots of screaming from the main character (and when he gets really angry he sprouts extra arms), one of the boss characters has a 14000km long katana.

CU Radbacker

Roger Godpleton

Quote from: Professah Byah on 25 February, 2012, 05:47:42 PM
Jak and Daxter Trilogy

Cheers for the recommendation. I loved the first one but never played the sequels so I'll get on this.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

NorthVox

Was feeling a bit nostalgic and sci-fi-ey yesterday, so I hammered my way through Dredd vs Death on laptop. Nearly finished the whole thing without dying, then BAM, [spoiler]right outside the museum where you face Judge Fear[/spoiler] some death cultist with a grenade launcher goes and takes my head off!

TordelBack

Realm of the Mad God.  Other than Urban Dead, this is my first MMO experience - and as I always feared I can't stop playing it.  While it's free to play, it's taking all my will-power not to throw a few shekels at buying 'extras', particularly storage space for all my cool gear...

My only issue with what is a deeply compelling game is the (player community) use of the term 'rape train' for a combined XP-gathering exercise.  Other than that, it's pure simple brilliance.

http://www.realmofthemadgod.com/

Keef Monkey

Been playing Neverdead, but after getting a couple of hours in I'm not feeling it massively so am shelving it for now I reckon. It's got a lot going for it (I particularly like a lot of the comic booky UI and some of the enemy designs are very different, at least visually) but a lot of the time during fights is spent rolling around re-attaching things and it gets a bit fiddly and breaks the pace of the action a bit. I may go back to it at some point (I always want to support Rebellion's games and generally enjoy them) but I'm finding more and more that I struggle to find the time to play the games I'm loving as much as I want to, so when something isn't quite blowing me away I'm a bit quicker to move on nowadays.

Right now I'm maybe being overly choosy as I want a reasonably clean slate for Mass Effect 3 on Friday :)

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 04 March, 2012, 08:08:33 PM

Right now I'm maybe being overly choosy as I want a reasonably clean slate for Mass Effect 3 on Friday :)

Yep. I finished Portal 2 last week and am tinkering with the end of Portal. But, really, I'm just waiting to kick some Reaper arse.

Miranda or Ashley?
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 04 March, 2012, 08:56:13 PM
Quote from: Keef Monkey on 04 March, 2012, 08:08:33 PM

Yep. I finished Portal 2 last week and am tinkering with the end of Portal. But, really, I'm just waiting to kick some Reaper arse.

Miranda or Ashley?

Definitely Miranda, sadly Ashley is no longer a concern in the ME universe I've made for myself!

I, Cosh

Haven't had the X-Box on since before Christmas. I think I was just about on the last level of Bastion but I'd gotten sort of bored with it. Dug out the Gamecube last weekend and have been playing Pikmin 2. It's a fairly cutesy puzzle game in a Lemmingsy vein. Generally pretty easy but fun and later levels are sufficiently tricky to keep me occupied.
We never really die.

Roger Godpleton

Liara is better than Infertile Miranda and Speciesist Ashley. This is my opinion so therefore it is the objective truth. You may now go about your business.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Satanist

I went with Tali because I wanted a peek under her gasmask, shame my spunk will probably kill her!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

brendan1

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 26 February, 2012, 11:02:39 AM
Quote from: Professah Byah on 25 February, 2012, 05:47:42 PM
Jak and Daxter Trilogy

Cheers for the recommendation. I loved the first one but never played the sequels so I'll get on this.

I don't really go for those type of games, preferring RPGs and FPSs, but I remember having an unplanned week off work back in about 2001 or so, and playing Jak & Daxter - The Precursor Legacy every day, all day, with the help of a mound of gak, until I'd completed it, and also collected every single one of the....things you were supposed to collect.

It was beautiful and great fun

von Boom

Been reading Hitchhiker's again lately so I've been playing The Hitchhiker's Adventure Game from 1984. I'd forgotten how devious and addictive this game is. I have the Infocom version that I can play through the Frotz emulator, but mostly I've been playing the updated flash version on the bbc website.

If you've never tried it before go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/hitchhikers/game.shtml and give it a try. Be sure to consult the guide on things and double click on the items you have on the right hand side for some info about those.

I've been searching the internet for a cheap 8086 pc with a mono screen so I can play this game in it's original, cursor blinking, textual glory.

JvB

radiator

Had a quick blast on Journey (PS3) the other day.

Bit of a 'meh', really.

Gorgeous visuals, but tbh it's more of an interactive screensaver than a game - little in the way of challenge or excitement.

If there was actually something to get your teeth into - perhaps some form of combat or puzzles - it'd be something special. As it is, it's just a bit dull.

Durendal

My friend insists on talking to me about Final Fantasy XIII-2? Something about pokemon. Hasn't been a good FF since 7/8.
To celebrate his inability to pick up on body language and subtle hints such as 'SHUT UP OR I WILL HURT YOU' I am playing Resonance of Fate. Also known as 'oh god, there are more barrels on my gun than actual gun'. http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/8819/sgb226ca.jpg
ROF was released round about the same time as FFXIII so the corridor/hair simulator stole some of the attention.
ROF is JRPG by Tri-Ace and it is awesome and also very silly, like a Japanese John Woo simulator. The fights are OTT gun based shenanigans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-uQ9uYoIsw and the script if hilarious http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVibNKrp8sQ

Professor Bear

Played the demo for I Am Alive, which seems a bit rubbish.  What it reminds me of most is Terminator: Salvation, as there's a nice post-apocalyptic look and feel to things, but the tech issues and gameplay shortcomings cripple it.  Mind you, I got one playthrough out of T:S after I picked it up for buttons second hand, so IAA might be worth downloading as it's only a tenner.