Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: Richard on 20 May, 2017, 08:32:24 PM
Molcher, as I already have all of the stories in Brothers of the Blood and therefore won't be buying it, is there any chance that (after it's no longer on sale in shops) you could post that essay on the forum somewhere?

Don't most of the volumes have text features?

Richard

Probably they do, but I find the whole bloodline thing quite interesting.

TordelBack

Molcher, as I already have all of the stories in Brothers of the Blood and therefore won't be buying it, is there any chance that (after it's no longer on sale in shops) you could post that essay on the forum somewhere?

Suspect that the inclusion of the text pieces and other oddments is intended to tempt a purchase out of those of us who already have the material (if not more than once) -  be rather against Tharg/Hachette's interests to be handing those bits out for free... but there's no harm asking!

Richard

Quote(after it's no longer on sale in shops)

TordelBack

So you don't buy it while it's in the shops, in anticipation of getting it free later when it's not.  I don't see the difference for Hachette. 

But like I say, Tharg is an inscrutable being, given to fits of odd generosity, so you never know.

The Legendary Shark

Or wait until you can snaffle a second-hand copy off Ebay for five magic beans (plus p&p).

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Richard

If I don't get it free then I don't get it. I'm not going to buy a book full of stories I already have in order to get a few pages of text. But when it's no longer on sale then putting the text online doesn't hurt sales.

jabish

Maybe in a couple of years when the whole thing is done and dusted Rebellion might issue the essays as an ebook. I've cherry picked because I own so much of the material in other editions (and space is a consideration) but those books I have bought I've enjoyed the essays. Would like to read the others so an ebook collection would be great.

The Legendary Shark

Buy the book second hand, photocopy or remove the essay, re-sell, donate or throw away the book.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Apestrife on 21 May, 2017, 08:23:01 AMFeels a bit out of place?
It feels oddly out of place, not least in art style. Also, why not run all three strips in one book?

QuoteI wonder how The satanist reads without Blood and duty (which can be found in the America book).
That reads fine, because you get the recaps. A pity Blood & Dury isn't in BOTB though. Even so, is say it's one of the very strongest books in the collection so far.

Apestrife

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 May, 2017, 09:00:27 PM
It feels oddly out of place, not least in art style. Also, why not run all three strips in one book?

I'm having a similar feeling. Perhaps in a sex volume (presuming there'll be one) or something.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 21 May, 2017, 09:00:27 PMThat reads fine, because you get the recaps. A pity Blood & Dury isn't in BOTB though. Even so, is say it's one of the very strongest books in the collection so far.

Regardless, I quite like how it ends with the 50 year man. Brilliant way of ending the book :)

Molch-R

No chance of that, sorry.

Richard

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Apestrife on 22 May, 2017, 06:42:19 PMI'm having a similar feeling. Perhaps in a sex volume (presuming there'll be one) or something.
A 'love' volume could have been interesting, and also quite heartfelt with things like Bury My Knee.

QuoteRegardless, I quite like how it ends with the 50 year man. Brilliant way of ending the book :)
The ending's great. The book's great as a whole. I just wish they'd put Bloody and Duty in there.

Richard