Main Menu

2000AD Books site updated... new upcoming TPs

Started by The Adventurer, 24 April, 2007, 08:58:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Lets see, says here August will see the release of The Complete Nemesis The Warlock Book 2 and Judge Dredd: The Carlos Ezquerra Collection

And in September it's The Simping Detective and Strontium Dog: Search/Destroy Agency Files 3.

Gotta say the Simping Detective book has got me really excited, I've been wanting to read that from the beginning. Though the lack of a subtitle makes me wonder if it's a "complete" volume and if there will be any more Simping Detective in the Meg. You'd think they'd leave room to do a Volume 2 TP some day.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Bad Andy

It does appear to be all the Simping Detective up until now. I'm having that.

Why Leatherjack? Why?

IndigoPrime

Judging by the page countâ??144â??it should reprint everything to date, including the recent 'No Body, No How'. There's nothing on the one-sheet about specific stories that are included, however.

Marbles

Yeh put me down for the collected Simp.
Remember - dry hair is for squids

IndigoPrime

:: Why Leatherjack? Why?

Maybe reader response was positive. Who knows? Personally, I'd have sooner seen Revere receive TPB status, but judging by the fierce reaction to Revere on this forum, I'm in the minority there.

*still hoping for that Luke Kirby collection*

I, Cosh

Personally, I'd have sooner seen Revere receive TPB status, but judging by the fierce reaction to Revere on this forum, I'm in the minority there.

Maybe so, but I'm with you on this one. However, it would have to have been in the large format as the art would really have suffered from being reduced, so EE is probably the best compromise.
We never really die.

Keef Monkey

I really liked Leatherjack! Simpin' Detective is a collection I've been hoping for for ages, mainly because I know a couple of people who would love it but get deterred when I hand them a huge pile of progs to work through. Can't wait.

IndigoPrime

:: I really liked Leatherjack!

I remember thinking it was OK, but I haven't re-read it since I read it in the Prog. Thing is, I like most Smith stuff anyway, so I'll likely enjoy the collected edition. I still think it's a massive shame we got no more Indigo Prime.

Lord Running Clam

Some great stuff being released.

Do you think the text story is going to be included in The Simping Detective trade? Really hope they do as it was a fun read, one of the better text stories to be included in the Meg.

radiator

Very cool, but not quite enough Dredd for my liking. I live in hope that Mandroid will get collected soon.

paulvonscott

Well, didn't we hear there was a Mandroid 2 in the works?  If so, I'd wait for that to be included.

Personally there's stuff I wanted and never thought would be collected, such as the Dredd Case Files and PJ Maybe thnat have come to pass.  So I'm very happy with the releases.

The few problems with them, such those lost letters into the spine and the stretched Bad Company artwork has been addressed.

Still hanging on in there for a hardback Harry Twenty on the High Rock though, it would be top of my Thrill list.  It has appeal outside of 2000AD for the early Alan Davis artwork and it's just a great story.

But of what is definitely yet to come, I'm probably looking forward to the Invasion/Savage double Bill (pun intended).

radiator

'Well, didn't we hear there was a Mandroid 2 in the works? If so, I'd wait for that to be included.'

If there is to be a Mandroid 2 then I agree. Wasn't that 'Warzone' strip in the meg in someway connected to Mandroid? I'm a bit in the dark, having read neither.

I didn't intend my post above to sound bitchy. I love what Rebellion have done with the trade line. I remember the days when we used to get 1 or two Hamlyn collections a year, if we were lucky!

The Adventurer

Very cool, but not quite enough Dredd for my liking. I live in hope that Mandroid will get collected soon.

Mandroid is on of those series I think needs reprinting (even if it's saddles with the subpar Warzone too) because I think it's a fairly strait forward tale that makes for a great Dredd jumping on point for new readers. It's a hard hitting story that's fairly continuity lite, that clearly showcases Dredd's world. It was made for the collections IMO

radiator

I've said it before and i'll say it again: An Anderson Psi Case Files book collecting all her BW strips would be awesome, as it ties in so much to the Dredd case files with the freeing of the Dark Judges etc.

It could also include the story in which her mate tops herself, which was referenced in just about every Anderson strip for the next ten years. Always made me smile cause the story in question appeared in some totally obscure sci fi special or some shit.

The Adventurer

If you were in charge of putting said hypothetical Anderson Case Files together would you reprint the First two Judge Dredd Dark Judges tales again in side?

I personally wouldn't, mostly because I'll have bought it three times if it was (Dredd Vs. Death TP and Case Files 3 & 5).