Main Menu

Dredd's birthday???

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 September, 2020, 06:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Was playing the old Games Workshop Judge Dredd game with the boy child* this afternoon and when he was asking about Orlok I got around somehow to explaining how Dredd's world moves in 'real time'. And his first question was

"So when's Judge Dredd's birthday?"

And to my surprise I was stumped. I can't think of any reference to it? Had a quick search and couldn't find anything (loads of Dredd Birthday cards but...)? Has Dredd's birthday ever been referenced and do we have any sense of what his date of birth (beyond year) is?

*One of the great purchases he loves it. we've played it 5 or 6 times since I bought a copy (thanks to a thread here only a few weeks ago) and he's fascinated by characters and crimes and keeps asking questions and I keep saying I can get the comics for you to read. And he's still all nah not yet... damned but those seeds are sown...

Richard

His birthday has never been given. A story about his birthday was published in prog 829 which was dated 3 April, so you could argue that it's then, but it's hardly conclusive.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Richard on 20 September, 2020, 06:12:47 PM
His birthday has never been given. A story about his birthday was published in prog 829 which was dated 3 April, so you could argue that it's then, but it's hardly conclusive.

Just looked that up on Barney and its Millar with early Carl Critchlow art. Might explain why I literally can't remember it!

The Legendary Shark

April 3rd makes him an Ares, apparently.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Legendary Shark

Sharing birthdays with Eddie Murphy and Marlon Brando.

Clint Eastwood's birthday is May 31st.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Mark Hamill's is May the 4th.

No it isn't.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

rogue69

Maybe Dredd doesn't need a birthday as he wasn't technically born as he is a clone and was created in a lab or you could say that Judge Fargo's birthday could be Dredds

Richard

There would still have been a date on which the clone emerged from the vat.

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

PsychoGoatee

This topic is food for thought.  :D Solid Snake, another famous clone, also doesn't have a specific birthday it appears. Just sometime in 1972 in the MGS timeline. Clones probably would just feel extra awkward about doing the birthday thing every year.