Main Menu

Life is sometimes sort of okay because...

Started by House of Usher, 23 March, 2009, 05:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

I got my remaining hairs cut today (in a departure from my normal quarterly hacking at my head with a trimmer acquired at a car-boot sale) and while I still find the whole barbarous (geddit) process distasteful I had a genuinely interesting and amusing conversation with the woman wielding the clippers.  This was certainly a first* for me.

*No, not 'talking to a lady', you cheeky sods.

TordelBack

Cripes, it's me again.

Wifey finally returned to divest me of feverish children, bringing with her the opened bottles and leftover cake and olives of a function she'd been running.  So now its a gallon of half-drunk Chilean red and Baldur's Gate modded up the wazoo til the cold watches.  Pig, meet shite.

maryanddavid

ChickenStu

I've got a fucking evil cold like virus. However, the upshot is it makes me sleep. And I LOVE sleep! And the wife's knows I'm ill, so she's letting me sleep! Mmmm, bedfordshire here I come!

Would watch the rest of Comic Relief... but nah. I'm close to passing out here.
Ma Ma's not the law... (you know the rest)

COMMANDO FORCES

I managed 11 hours sleep last night and it was very nice indeed. Good job I have 5 days off :D

Spikes

Despite having to get up at a un-natural hour, on a Sunday no less! Im off to London England! All i need now is for the motorways to be clear, and more importantly, a win at the close of play !

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Moved house at the start of the month, and yesterday, the landlord from my old house returned the security deposit, IN FULL!
You may quote me on that.

Mardroid

What with preparation for an inspection and (including working around 12 hours on one day) and being invited into work on my day off a couple weeks running I worked more hours this month. I wasn't very happy about that.

I have to say I'm very happy with this month's paycheque though. Oh yes.

staticgirl

El Pops - My god I don't think I've ever heard of anyone getting their deposit back in full before. I've hardly even heard of people getting any of their deposit back at all although it does sometimes happen. Go you!!

Zarjazzer

I was out on strike this afternoon missed the demo after getting on a wrong train but got very pissed.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

judgefloyd

moved house two weeks ago and the internet and phone was connected right away!
   The rats in the walls of the new pad seem to have carked it.

oh and I've got more work than I can handle, I like the work and I've just had a very good souvlaki

burp

von Boom

Moved to a new place yesterday. The movers managed to only break one chair, one table, and scratch two others. As far as movers go I'd call that a result.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I got some good news today. But first, the bad news I received about three months ago; I found out that the council will be closing down the car park I run at the end of this month. According to them, it was unneccesary to have the a car park in the city centre, despite the fact that it's full everyday and the fact that we have a contract with about 2 dozen local businesses to provide parking for their employees. It would seem that the public services here in Belfast/Norn iron, the authorities have a problem with private enterprise, but that's a whole other rant.

Anyways, the good news is, I have secured a new job, and it starts the day after I finish in the car park. Needless to say, this is a huge relief. The new job is less pay, but more hours and after reading the 'Stupid things people say'  thread it's a huge relief to not have to deal with the dole office. I do not think I could bear being lectured on finding a job, when the public sector is the reason I lost my job in the first place. It would be galling to have to attend courses on how to fill in an application/ how to compile a CV/ how to do an interview, especially since I have done that successfully dozens times in the fourteen years I have had an NI number*. What would a public servant, who probably hasn't had to do any of those things in years, possibly have to teach me about finding a job? I could teach that course much better than they possibly could. Or maybe not, being a charming motherfucker like me can't really be taught.

Anyway, huge, huge relief. The new job is in a hotel bar, I haven't worked in a bar for about five years, and I was starting to miss it. Never a dull moment in a bar, and I was starting to get a bit porky sitting at a security desk all day.

*I have a huge ass and varied CV, including everything from phone-drone to operating and maintaining the pneumatics at a robotic Dinosaur exhibit.
You may quote me on that.

TordelBack

Darren Stephens

Quote from: El Pops on 09 May, 2013, 05:06:15 PM..........and maintaining the pneumatics at a robotic Dinosaur exhibit.

That sounds awesome! Oh, and congrats on the job. :-)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^