Main Menu

How does postage work if your ebay item sells to another country?!

Started by Keef Monkey, 25 June, 2010, 07:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keef Monkey

So hivemind, wonder if you can help...

Haven't sold much stuff on ebay but have a listing up for some Red Dead playing cards, when I set up the listing I put the postage as £2.50 UK and a buyer has got in touch asking how much to ship to Germany. If there's only a UK postage price on the listing and it sells internationally do you then arrange another postage price? Can you arrange another postage price?

Any help much appreciated, tried the ebay help and can't quite get the info I'm after!

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

I asked a friend this same question the other day. I would suggest you look at similar users P&P as it all differs dramatically.

For instance I was looking at a copy of RoboCop Issue 1 and it was on a buy now for £0.99p I thought that sounds pretty cheap to me. On second glance the p&p was £7.99 and that was delivered to the uk from a uk seller!

(Not that I wanted to purchase RoboCop Issue 1 I have three in FM+ condition I want to offload :D)
Never rub another mans rhubarb

worldshown

I've sold to people in Germany and Russia before.  Amending the postage for outside of the UK is no problem, just check the cost with the post office and agree it with the potential buyer before he bids.

The biggest problem with selling to Germany is the addressing standards for envelopes and packages (see link).

http://www.bitboost.com/ref/international-address-formats/germany/germany.html

Keef Monkey

Whoah, that's some pretty specific envelope formatting! Cheers for the advice, I'd been under the impression that whatever price you've got on it when it sells is the price you get automatically, didn't realize you could change it afterwards! Many thanks!

macwatson

I've sold some stuff to New Zealand before - again check the price with the PO and email the seller advising him of the difference - if any. Amend the posting and packing prior to invoicing the buyer. If the buyer pays before you have time to invoice then it's best to request the difference through paypal before sending the goods.

mac w
I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain...time to die