Main Menu

Glasgow Comic Con - 2015

Started by Satanist, 31 March, 2015, 02:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-Ball

Quote from: Buttonman on 04 July, 2015, 09:55:56 PM
I looked out for you 8-Ball as did the other forumites but you successfully remained hidden. Next year it will be a compulsory check in!

I recognised a few faces in the row behind me at the Robbie Morrison panel. Hello! :wave: Maybe next year I can do the mingling thing properly.  :thumbsup:
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

Buttonman

Gaaa! I was in the Sean Phillips just before Robbie's - next year I will be back to full power and the round will be complete!

Ghost MacRoth

Another one I feel terrible for having forgot to mention, Judge Burns!  (and his family!) Very lovely folks, but seriously Burnsey, bubble wrap is not a good solution to getting abettr helmet fit, no wonder you was sweating so much!
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

judgerussell

Did anyone loose anything yesterday at the con?
I found a blue plastic bag, and a poundland plastic bag full of expensive goodies.
It was at the side entrance steps to the CCA.

I am keeping it safe, as I don't trust anyone enough to hand it in.
There was an IDW Dredd comic amongst it, so I thought the person may be on this forum.

GordonR

JUDGE BURNS

It was a pleasure meeting some of you at the Glasgow comic con yesterday. Thanks to McRoth for the info on the costume and it was fun walking around mixing with the other folk in costume. We had a grand day out and my son was over the moon to get some goodies from the BEANO table.
We didn't have time to go to the bar unfortunately to get to know you all, but there's always another time to meet up.
See you on the streets....

Fungus

What a braw con   :)

Caught up with loads of forumites and had a great weekend (including a silly late one on Saturday). Too many top blokes and blokesses to prosaically list. Cheers especially to the lovely Lady Festina and the battle-worn MacRoth for listening to my babble!

Comics-wise, managed to nab 4 sketches and settled in for 7 of the panels/talks. And this year's crush is the epically enthusiastic and talented Karrie Fransman. If you missed her talk you missed an absolute treat.

I'll just post my Tharg sketch here and shut up now. How good is Tom Foster ?!

Cpt Rhodes

A very enjoyable weekend and that was purely on meeting up with friends in the bar. The convention was pretty good too :)

Always great spending time with Dog Deever, Satanist, Dode C, Iz and Stacey, I wish it happened more than once a year.

Ghost MacRoth though, so many uncanny connections between who we've worked with, where we grew up, I'd be surprised if we haven't crossed paths, or been in a fight (It's Milton after all) at some point in the past 40 odd years.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Ghost MacRoth

Suitably recovered....almost!

So, that was fun.  As I mentioned before, met many boarders from here, and some artists and creators, all who seemed genuinely nice folk.  Saw some great home built costumes, and bought a wee bit of merchandise to remind me of the event.  But most notable in the highlights as I recall them, was listening to Alan Grant after seeing 'Judge Minty' for the first time!  Glad to report he fookin' LOVED IT.  My question was going to be 'what did you think of that compared to the Hollywood versions?', but his first comment of 'That was far and away better than either of the Hollywood versions' kinda killed that!  So Steve Green and the team, you got a grand review from the big man, who felt you got the essence of both city and judiciary absolutely bang on, and he is now looking forward to seeing the Stronty film.

Got a nice sketch from Jon Hayward too....

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Alex on 06 July, 2015, 08:21:03 PM
Ghost MacRoth though, so many uncanny connections between who we've worked with, where we grew up, I'd be surprised if we haven't crossed paths, or been in a fight (It's Milton after all) at some point in the past 40 odd years.

As soon as you said 'Colston' School.....all I could hear was Madness, 'Baggy Trousers', as it took me right back to the 80's 'Gone to fight with next doors school, every term that is the rule!', lol, no wonder we got along so well from the off! ;)

Ghost MacRoth

Paul Moore

I lived in Milton for a year while at College...(but im sure that doesnt count)
My Twitter account
@pmoore121
https://twitter.com/PMoore121
My Instagram site
https://www.instagram.com/paulmoore121/

Ghost MacRoth

You SURVIVED a year, oh it counts! ;)

macwatson

I went to the con at the weekend - first time for me and never though to check the Forum's to see who else was going.

doh!!!

Good to see so many folk there and great to meet some of the creators. Took the wife down and left her in Edinburgh on the Saturday, while I managed to play in my sandbox for a while. Didn't meet anyone for a beer as I was driving practically the whole weekend, but if I'm free next year then that will definitely be on the cards.

Very impressed with Judge Burns costume- there were some admiring glances at Weatherspoons, Saturday Lunchtime when his posse and he arrived for refreshment.

A good chat with John Higgins too, he exclusively revealed some more on his upcoming project at the artists panel discussion on Sunday.

Great weekend and hope to top it next year
I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain...time to die