Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Quote from: sheridan on 28 February, 2017, 07:38:44 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 28 February, 2017, 04:07:31 PM
I might have reconsidered the typeface/spacing on that all caps clint langley caption in the video, BTW.

I didn't watch the video as my computer is only slightly less old and decrepit as myself, but is it the usual Clint problem (that has led to that name being pretty much off-limits to fictional comic characters)?

Yep, not really helped by the curve of the L either.

opaque

Steve Green

I hope they publish that Gordon Rennie Dredd with a lot of nerds talking about spine graphics.

robert_ellis

Judging from the questionnaire for issue 1 readers, the running order hasn't been finalized. If they are asking for readers' favourite characters & stories, and to put storylines in order of preference, it would lead me to think a new spine would be comissioned to reflect the characters included. Or I could be completely wrong. Maybe everyone else loves chunky robots and chiselled chins! In reality I'd probably buy this series if it's of similar quality to the Mega Collection. But let's please have an index to both series!!!

IndigoPrime

You already have issue one?

robert_ellis

Just looking at the questionnaire on the website...

Tony Angelino

I haven't followed ABC Warriors in recent years but who or what is the big robot thing with the horns next to Deadlock?

The spine only features characters from 3 different strips. Outrage. Why no Ant Wars?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: robert_ellis on 28 February, 2017, 09:46:45 PM
Just looking at the questionnaire on the website...
Do you mean the poll? Not sure I'd read too much into that.

robert_ellis

No the questionnaire for readers of issue 1 - the one with the £50 Amazon prize. I reckon they want the feedback. Although judging by the board they just need to reprint Ant Wars every 2 weeks!

JaHawkDroid

Is the Chris Weston spine art for JDMC anywhere online? Curious at what could have been...

I'm ridiculously excited for this collection. Like, more excited than the Mega Collection made me.
Hoping for some of the more obscure classics to be popped in there.

robert_ellis

Dash Decent

Quote from: rogue69 on 28 February, 2017, 11:32:08 AM
only thing I'm not keen on with the free gifts is the hipflask.

Obviously their research shows there's a massive secret drinker demographic in the 2000AD fan base.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JOE SOAP

The 40th blew any secret.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Magnetica on 28 February, 2017, 02:29:09 PM
So combine this with Rebellion's planned reprint schedule for the classic UK comics they have just acquired the rights for and there will literally be no time to sleep it's all looking very promising.

They could solve it all by forgetting the "2000AD collection" and making this new line the "IPC Fleetway collection".
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.