Main Menu

Rogue Trooper rip off

Started by 42920, 18 January, 2009, 10:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Last Sentinal (2007) with Don "The Dragon" Wilson.  OMG!  I only pray Rebellion didn't give permission for the Sci-fi channel to ripoff concepts from Rogue Trooper.  It's movie was horrendous.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: "42920"The Last Sentinal (2007) with Don "The Dragon" Wilson.  OMG!  I only pray Rebellion didn't give permission for the Sci-fi channel to ripoff concepts from Rogue Trooper.  It's movie was horrendous.

are artistic "concepts" copyrightable?

Goaty

poster with numbers on it. that's spamer!

stront692

there was a movie called 'soldier' with kurt russell which i got the impression was going to be rogue trooper but got the rights pulled

2000ad dont have a good track record of making it to movie, strontium dog tv series was rewritten for the comic and i personally think that farcsape was probably going to be the DAN DARE tv series or RED DWARF USA before a hefty rewrite

I understand the whole idea of "borrowing" concepts, look at the comic book genre, they use ideas for competing characters all the time.  However, when ideas are so blantantly copied for a movie, doesn't the screenwriter or production company have to at least give recognition?

BTW, I am not recommending the movie.  I only watched it intermitantly (sp?) for about an hour on tele, before wanting to frag myself.

My beef is Rogue was one of the first 2000ad characters I was introduced to as a young boy when I would steal my older brothers comic books to read.  I would love to see a movie and see it done RIGHT!

Devons Daddy

2000ad v hollywood.

SHORT CIRCUIT
2000ad won, a blantant rip off. (may be way off with the movie), but it did happen. 2k took some hollywood gang to court over pure rip off of a story and won.

apparently the judge had a very strong jaw/chin line.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Noisybast

That was Hardware, not Short Circuit.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Cactus

2000ad --> Short Circuit

Maniac 5 --> Johnny 5 is ALIVE!

Not only are Hollywood stealing Tharg's stories, they're using Johnny Alpha's time bombs to steal them backwards in time!  :o
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

ThryllSeekyr

I was watdching the end of "Terminator" the other night and thinking of " Shok" a Judge Dredd spin-off story that was inspriration for the film "Hardware"

ThryllSeekyr

Quotethere was a movie called 'soldier' with kurt russell which i got the impression was going to be rogue trooper but got the rights pulled

2000ad dont have a good track record of making it to movie, strontium dog tv series was rewritten for the comic and i personally think that farcsape was probably going to be the DAN DARE tv series or RED DWARF USA before a hefty rewrite

Oh will we ever see any decently made 2000AD movies up on the big screen.