Main Menu

What is a Vampire Knight to do?

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 31 October, 2009, 03:51:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Since I had access to better computer. My usaul one won't allow me to install new software as the cd drive is playing up.

I had chose to install alot of my old games. Some I have previuosly not been able to run due to innacurate memory specifications, underpowered graphic cards and random bugs would prevent me from getting any further in the game.

One of them Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption

I first installed this game on a computer I don't even use anymore about ten years ago, I watched the opening adverts, and opening sequence -- Cristof, a crusading knight of the swordbrethen is pierced in the stomach by a arrow in the fields of Moravia and is then bed riddden in a nunnery off the old streets fo middle-evil Prague.-- in inticipation when I am presented a character on pink screen. So, had to put the game away amd wait for my next computer upgrade. 

So I reinstalled this game few years ago. As I was impressed with the roleplaying game it's based on. I was hoping for something more horrfying, imercive, more intrigueing than a simple Dungeon N Dragons computer game. What it turns out to be is very a good game that could be based on the latter, as the main character fully recovered and still mortal is asked to clear out the Bonn Silver mines of some goblinoid vampires Szlachta and their Gangrel in charge of them. Now I know the word Zslachta is Polish for nobility.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Szlachta

Having just looked this word up, and places like Bonn, Petrin Hill, where the Cappadocian Clan monastry is found. They are real places. Along with the Tzimisce --Based on Valad Tepes. Dracula himself.-- castle Vysehrad.

It's sort of obvious to me that the Bonn silver mines might have been test set up by the Camirilla It just seems that way. Even if it's not right. and after they embrace the hero into their clan. They soon send him on another misson to the underground walkways of the Petrin Hill Monastry to test his new given abilites.

Imagine that! a Crusader knight now a vampire neonate of clan Brujah. Known for their rebellious gang related ways in modern times But in these dark ages, they were the warrior philosphers repsoncible for Carthage. Well thats as far as this twisted version is concerned.

It's at this point that their history is explained to him and the world was never as it seemed. They rule the night.

They also give him his first taste of vampiric vitae since he was first embraced and told that he must feed on mortals, but to do so without draining them completely. It's a rule of the Camirilla thats been placed to protect them from being discovered and labeled as monsters.

So they send him out with another like himself, but excibiting more lower animal traits of clan Gangrel

Who provides advice and some backup. On the streets of Prague at night. The mortals now show up as walking bags of blood. Feeding has to carried out from the shadows of buildings and alley ways as the prey wander past. Not that it matters how you do this. As long as all out fight resulting in the deaths of many villages and guards, characters included. Not taken too much blood from anyone source is golden.
It's at this point that I reached a moral dilema. This vampire who probably still consideres himself a knight in service to God is now forced to feed off the citizen under his protection in thisseemly unholy ritual.

What is a Vampire knight to do?

That might of made a interesting title for the game!
Well it was possible to feed from my vampiric guide, but that just makes him blood hungry. When vampires are low on blood, they are more prone to frenzy where they will feed automaically from the nearest source uncontraobly, often killing the person they are feeding from.

If it's moral dilema for a holy kinght to be a vampire, then why did he choose this fate while being given a choice?

Well, I think it's game over if he doesn't.

The dungeosn under the Petrin hill monastry as well as the Bonn siler mine give thsi game a real Dungeon N Dragons feel, although the combat is extremy lame and by todays standards very dated. Though the game does have some interesting points. The player portaits are well animated and will show the characters health and current blood pool via extrem facial expression. I quite sure he looks abit like Simon Bisley's Slaine and like he's about to warp when low on health. There is abiot of similarity theri. They are both knights in their own way.

Some Gameplay, but not my own.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDVBIycJjaE&feature=PlayList&p=97F901AC4850AE46&index=4

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 31 October, 2009, 03:51:08 AM
It's at this point that I reached a moral dilema. This vampire who probably still consideres himself a knight in service to God is now forced to feed off the citizen under his protection in this seemly unholy ritual.

Hmm, interesting spin on things. There's a story pitch in there somewhere...

I don't remember the game but it's all sounding very much like Pat Mills' Requiem: Vampire Knight in concept and tone (a comic you might do well to seek out actually, Thryll).

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 31 October, 2009, 03:51:08 AM
I quite sure he looks abit like Simon Bisley's Slaine and like he's about to warp when low on health. There is a lot of similarity there. They are both knights in their own way.

Har, just as I'm approaching the end of your post and thinking 'Gosh, no Slaine reference? Not one?' you come through in fine style. Don't ever change, guy.
@jamesfeistdraws

Mike Gloady

What Jimbo said, buddy, you're a national treasure.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

ThryllSeekyr

Quoting Dark Jimbo....

Pat Mills' Requiem: Vampire Knight in concept and tone (a comic you might do well to seek out actually, Thryll).

End of Quote

Yes, but money is problem for me at the moment.It's mainly because I hate working and that employers hate giving me work. Perhaps I should review my internet options again. There has to be way ofr making some easy, legit money off the internet. One of my proables is that I don't stick to a good thing once I find it. A few mistakes I've made in the past.

As for my timely Slaine reference, you should download the demo and check this out for yourself.

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/578/Vampire:+The+Masquerade+Demo

If you play the demo.

I suspect you'll be able to go as far as the Silver Mines of Bonn mountain. It's the first misson that you'll get to do while the hero is still of mortal blood.

If you watch the animated head at the bottom of the screen, you notice that he'll put on his warped Slaine face if takes too much damage. This might mean some deliberate exposure to the ghouled rats and other vampiric vermin that inhabit those tunnels. Fighting the boss vampire might just do the trick.

The full game should be selling cheaply now. It might even be available on Steam. My only problem with it is the collison detection is really awful during combat and espeically when you have the computer A.I. controlled character with you. As you might both be vying for enough room to face off the enemy. I sometimes have the secondary character using bow and arrow or vice versa. Combat is really awkard because of this. Though It's sort of amusing to watch the giant rats pitter patter towards you like puppy dogs on tiny legs.

I've just finished watching Interview with Vampire. What a coinincidence that it's on now, but I suppose thats Halloween televsion for you. Preceeded by The Lost Boys and Dusk till Dawn. Of those three IWAV seems the most faithful to the myth and most essential to the themes of Vampire computer game. So Brad's Pitt's character suffered the same moral dilema of decideing to kill just to survive as a undying monster cursed to only live at night. He must have been a nobleman, if not a holy knight. Then again, I guess a dilema for all neonate vampires. It's the ones of more comfortable birth and lifestyle that I suspect would feel horrified at their condition. I also wonder if it's possible to nearly murder your creator like Lioue and the young girl did to Vampire Lestat. I might have imagined that Lestat swapped bodies with Louie or the young vampire girl being the more powerful vampire. It just seems so unlikley................

Continueing Discussion in the Movies Forum &.......

...Then look for the Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines Demo. I could purchase the full game in a twenty dollar AUD download, but money's really tight now.