Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2019

Started by Dash Decent, 23 July, 2018, 02:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Colin YNWA

That's all good news Smallbluething (reborn or otherwise).

I do fear if I met Dan Abnett I'd just hug him and weep with joy, thanking him endlessly through sobs and snot... until the police arrived.

I sometimes think its a good thing I've never met him.

I, Cosh

Nice to see a new Hope... story trailed in the Thrillmail. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one and I was starting to think it had been knocked on the head.
We never really die.

The Monarch

how does that man have time to do like 5 thrills between the meg and the prog plus all those us comics

Link Prime

Quote from: I, Cosh on 10 April, 2019, 06:19:05 PM
Nice to see a new Hope... story trailed in the Thrillmail. I thoroughly enjoyed the first one and I was starting to think it had been knocked on the head.

Chuffed about that.
One of the best debuts in the last few years in my opinion.

James Stacey

Quote from: The Monarch on 10 April, 2019, 07:46:50 PM
how does that man have time to do like 5 thrills between the meg and the prog plus all those us comics
Don't forget all the prose work he does for black library and the like.

Clones

Colin YNWA

Okay interesting one in the solicitations for July

https://2000ad.com/post/5222?fbclid=IwAR3NkiVB7wd6FnSvbdopuxbjX_EFCb0awLEnJQWzAlyc1dfB7zjbZoBQzLY

The Floppie for Meg 411 is Defoe 'The Damned' now hasn't Defoe been collected? Have I missed something? I looked at the shop and Amazon and discovered the later Defoe doesn't seem to be collected and judging my this is considered fodder for the floppie. Given how much there is of it this really surprised me... well okay not interesting but it caught my eye.

Anyway what is interesting is The Returners is ... well returning - WAYHEY - loved that first time round.

Decent line-up in 2000ad too in July Indigo Prime will no doubt continue to divide opinion and we get more Sinister Dexter which always cheers my day and Steve Yeowell is still on art to boot.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 19 April, 2019, 10:13:34 AM
Okay interesting one in the solicitations for July

Interesting mix of old talent and new-ish (to Tharg, at least) over in the Meg, something I find most encouraging.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

broodblik

Looking forward of the return of Jaegir and Pin.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tjm86

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 19 April, 2019, 10:20:45 AM
Interesting mix of old talent and new-ish (to Tharg, at least) over in the Meg, something I find most encouraging.

Absolutely.  The Meg still seems to be holding its own when it comes to quality both of writing and artwork.  At the risk of exploding the Interweb it's great to see a broader gender balance on the writing front.  Two female writers in this edition.  Given the sometimes negative response to last year's Sci-Fi 'all female' special, this seems more like valid recognition than a gimmick.

The artist roster is also encouraging.  Lynch's artwork has really progressed over the last few years and I'm assuming that this is going to be a continuation of the intermittent storyline he and Wyatt have been working on over the last couple of years.  Be really interesting to see what Pleece makes of Brit-cit.  Been a long time since we've seen his work in tooth or the meg.  A very welcome return.  Goddard is always a pleasure and another outing from Paul Williams .... Looks promising.

The Monarch

oh thank god indigo primes continuing for a while i thought it was gonna get dan dared and thay would have broke my heart

Tjm86

Quote from: The Monarch on 19 April, 2019, 05:37:53 PM
oh thank god indigo primes continuing for a while i thought it was gonna get dan dared and thay would have broke my heart

What, a makeover with a faux-superhero outfit, a convoluted plot involving the mekon, a fishy princess and an old rock garden ...

Or a cliffhanger that is left for so long no-one can remember what the original story was anyway?

The Monarch

Quote from: Tjm86 on 19 April, 2019, 08:03:18 PM
Quote from: The Monarch on 19 April, 2019, 05:37:53 PM

What, a makeover with a faux-superhero outfit, a convoluted plot involving the mekon, a fishy princess and an old rock garden ...

Or a cliffhanger that is left for so long no-one can remember what the original story was anyway?

yes :D

broodblik

Do anyone know when Defoe will return ? Accordingly to the March solicits it would have been March but we are already in April.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: broodblik on 20 April, 2019, 10:47:53 AM
Do anyone know when Defoe will return ? Accordingly to the March solicits it would have been March but we are already in April.

Has Pat finally found someone to draw it...?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.