Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2020

Started by Dash Decent, 27 June, 2019, 01:23:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well to say that one's beautiful would be an understatement of such epic propostions I'll not even bother to. Mind I'll be to busy picking my jaw of the ground to do so anyway!

DrJomster

Yes indeed. Excellent covers there for Misty & Scream as well as the sci-fi special! Great to see all these specials every year now. Good times!
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Max Headroom

Thanks for sharing, Broodblik. That looks to be a really great collection there and one I'm really looking forward to. Hope the rest of Strontium Dog gets a similar treatment?

broodblik

The cover for Battle Special by Nelson Daniel:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

The cover for Roy of the Rovers Summer Special 2020:

Rogue Judge

Battle of Britain looks good! An Ian Kennedy cover would have been nice, especially considering the aerial combat. Still, looks good.

broodblik

I do not think there is anyone in the industry that can do WW2 covers like Ian Kennedy

broodblik

Colin YNWA

More new thrills and Lawless still going this is the stuff. But I'm going to have my typical whine. Havn as the floppie. It was a fun strip as I recall but like its only 3 years old!

davidbishop

Would you rather have the Soul Sisters?  :lol:

But more seriously, I'd re-run the first ever Middenface solo series from Vol 1 of the Megazine, written by Alan Grant and drawn by John McCrea. Don't think it's ever been reprinted and not sure why...

IndigoPrime

Havn seems an odd choice, given how recently it appeared. Annoyed the piss out of my Icelandic wife too.

RaggedMan

Quote from: davidbishop on 27 May, 2020, 10:37:35 PM
Would you rather have the Soul Sisters?  :lol:

But more seriously, I'd re-run the first ever Middenface solo series from Vol 1 of the Megazine, written by Alan Grant and drawn by John McCrea. Don't think it's ever been reprinted and not sure why...

Shaky. Kane. Art.
Would love a Soul Sisters reprint. As part of a Shaky 2000 special collection.

McCrea Middenface would be good as well mind.

broodblik

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 27 May, 2020, 09:22:38 PM
More new thrills and Lawless still going this is the stuff. But I'm going to have my typical whine. Havn as the floppie. It was a fun strip as I recall but like its only 3 years old!

I agree that this was too recent. The thing I have learned with these schedules is that they are not written in stone. For example "The Out" would have already had its run but it is now on scheduled for July.

Richard

Surely most of today's readers were reading the Meg three years ago? Do we really need Havn reprinted so soon? It's not as if there's a shortage of alternatives.