Main Menu

BATMAN White Knight

Started by Proudhuff, 08 December, 2017, 07:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

soooo, finally someone writes a Batman story that asks a few questions and challenges a whole load of assumptions.
This is the first Batman story I've enjoyed since Killing Joke.
Sean Murphy's story telling and art are exceptional, unfortunately the reboot button will be hit by DC at the end or Batty will come out on top yawn... Sean address's so much that is crap with the whole Gotham thing, it might be hard putting this joker back in the pack.

Discuss?
DDT did a job on me

Link Prime

Yes, really enjoying this too Huff.
I've a very, very select non-2000AD pull list these days, and this is by far the best title I'm currently reading.
I've always been a huge fan of SGM's stylish art, and was happy to discover he's an accomplished writer too.

Not sure myself if a reset button will be pressed by issue 8- this is its own beast, locked within a separate continuity from any other series.

Regardless, highly recommended from the 3 issues I've read so far.
I've a feeling this will be a best seller collected edition for years to come.

Bad City Blue

Read the first three issues and am enjoying it.

I'm seeing it as a "what if" type tale, outside of continuity.

has anyone else suggested that there's two Harleys? I love the idea but don't read a lot of batman.
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

SpongeJosh

Same here. Very impressed with the three issues so far. Only picked it up because of SGM's artwork, if it was anybody else i may of give it a miss. Will definietly get it the tpb when that comes out just for the artwork.

(Ok I'll say it)Would love to see SGM do art for a Dredd story.   

flip-r mk2

It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

Proudhuff

Lean, mean judgin' machine! Loving that Lawmaster shot...

TMO should be beating a path to his door!! for writing and drawing : :thumbsup: after all he's really has done the biz on Batty...
DDT did a job on me

SpongeJosh

Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 11 December, 2017, 02:05:56 PM

filippo

Case in point and SGM draws a mean chin. I think SGM's vehicles are some of the best drawn in comics atm.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 December, 2017, 03:11:20 PM
TMO should be beating a path to his door!!

I believe His Verdant Majesty has expressed his approval of MURPH-E's efforts but the ungrateful droid hasn't reciprocated with much interest in contributing to Tharg's mighty organ.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Bad City Blue

Holy Drokk! Those Dredds are superb
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Link Prime

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 11 December, 2017, 01:23:18 PM

I'm seeing it as a "what if" type tale, outside of continuity.

has anyone else suggested that there's two Harleys? I love the idea but don't read a lot of batman.

I've read Batman consistently for a few years now (G. Morrison & S. Snyder runs), but this is the first time two different Harley's have been mentioned to my knowledge.

White Knight is of course an 'Elseworlds' universe / continuity; Jason has been revealed to be the 1st Robin, and [spoiler]Alfred[/spoiler] died in issue 3.

I'd love to see SGM working on Dredd too, but it probably won't happen for the same reason we won't be getting Jock back on Dredd: $

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 12 December, 2017, 11:58:32 AM
I'd love to see SGM working on Dredd too, but it probably won't happen for the same reason we won't be getting Jock back on Dredd: $

Yeah but judging by those its a real shame - bloody lovely, especially the lawmaster one.

Leigh S

The Eagle head and beak as Lawmaster front is so obvious, but I can't think of anyone else who has done that?

Proudhuff

Quote from: SpongeJosh on 11 December, 2017, 04:09:35 PM
Quote from: flip-r mk2 on 11 December, 2017, 02:05:56 PM

filippo

Case in point and SGM draws a mean chin. I think SGM's vehicles are some of the best drawn in comics atm.

Sorry but I keep coming back to this image... there is soo much to like here: the confidence that the 'speed lines' are drawn with, the little chips thrown up, the bullet explosions, the bike design: beak and wings!, the framing, that chin... now if only they were Pepper Pot Blocks in the background and the chain had the right number of links  :lol:
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

Latest issue of this continues the intriguing and challenging approach of the early ones, edge of the seat how this run ends! :o :D
DDT did a job on me