Main Menu

Why does Dredd age?

Started by Funt Solo, 25 July, 2018, 07:03:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Quote from: Dandontdare on 25 July, 2018, 05:22:19 PM
when Dredd sends someone away for 10, 20, 30 years, we have the chance of a sequel when they get out

I had the thought of doing a spreadsheet, but when the number of spreadsheets I'm currently working on starts to require a meta-spreadsheet, I know it's time to stop.

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 25 July, 2018, 03:41:45 PM
Off topic but an official 2000AD Top Trumps would be awesome

Yes.  It seems likely that the only 2000AD Top Trumps style game currently in existence is the Flesh card game from progs 8-11.  Time for an update.  Someone tell Tharg.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 25 July, 2018, 03:41:45 PM
Off topic but an official 2000AD Top Trumps would be awesome and you could do a Dredd world set and a 2000AD general set. Nice wee stocking fillers for kids (young and old 😄)

Not sure if this still works as it requires a plugin my device doesn't support (on holiday so only have my tablet) but there was a set on Barney (always trust Barney) which was great fun.

http://www.2000ad.org/images/games/Trumps.html

Funt Solo

QuoteYes.  It seems likely that the only 2000AD Top Trumps style game currently in existence is the Flesh card game from progs 8-11.  Time for an update.  Someone tell Tharg.

Oops!  My heid was in a fankle.  The Top Trumps was Supernova: progs 46-51.  The Flesh game was a different beast.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Trooper McFad

Thanks I checked out Barney's site and found the Supernova set. Defo time for an update 😄👍🏻
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Adventurer

Because comics where the characters are allowed to age and change over time, especially in real time, are arguably the best kind of comics.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

AlexF

If I manage to unearth said Top Trumps, (not to mention at least one other set created later in life, around the Prog 1000 mark), I will start a new thread with pictures!

Trooper McFad

Quote from: AlexF on 26 July, 2018, 09:01:10 AM
If I manage to unearth said Top Trumps, (not to mention at least one other set created later in life, around the Prog 1000 mark), I will start a new thread with pictures!
👍🏻 Look forward to that
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

sheridan

Quote from: Steve Green on 25 July, 2018, 07:56:50 PM
That one is Whitey.

There was also Bert Dubinski, Dredd's first arrest.

A couple of other failed judges have come for Dredd too.

The one who Dredd 'adopted', and the Sherman kid who held the city to ransom.

The name Bryce comes to mind, from Huck Finn block?

sheridan

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 26 July, 2018, 10:31:00 AM
Quote from: AlexF on 26 July, 2018, 09:01:10 AM
👍🏻 Look forward to that

And in case that doesn't happen - art competition, anyone?

SpaceSpinner2000

There was that one female judge that Dredd questioned as part of the executioner case that said she'd get revenge and did like 5 years later. And of course Chopper served most of a 5 year sentence in between the midnight scrawler and super surf 7.

I think the advancement of time in Dredd is really great, but it's also one of those 2000AD things that is best not examined too closely. While time advances in Dredd it's best when it accordions, so sometimes multiple progs cover a single night, or even hour. Having a 52 format or something, where every prog was a new week, would be too much!

2000 AD recap podcast, from the beginning!
Check out the show here! Or on iTunes, Google Play, or your preferred podcast app!