Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Magnetica on 06 October, 2018, 12:14:34 PM
Apologies if this has been asked higher up the thread, but will the Strontium Dog issues be complete (apart from the Starlord stories)?

I ask because I don't see the Gronk Affair from Progs 224 to 227 listed.

I think the collection will include all SD stories from Tooth, along with complete runs of Slaine, Nemesis, ABC Warriors and Nikolai Dante.

The Gronk Affair was in SD volume 2, volume 5 of the collection.

Magnetica

Ok great, thanks. I am actually reading SD vol 2 right now but haven't got that far. The reason I asked was because it wasn't listed on the Wikipedia page - but that is wrong given that.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 06 October, 2018, 03:13:32 PM
Quote from: Magnetica on 06 October, 2018, 12:14:34 PM
Apologies if this has been asked higher up the thread, but will the Strontium Dog issues be complete (apart from the Starlord stories)?

I think the collection will include all SD stories from Tooth, along with complete runs of Slaine, Nemesis, ABC Warriors and Nikolai Dante.

SD won't quite be complete - we won't get flashback stories Roadhouse or The Tax Dodge.

ABC Warriors probably won't be complete either - I reckon we'll get up to the end of Volgan War.
@jamesfeistdraws

walrus

Quote from: bernardsfingers on 28 September, 2018, 12:19:27 PM
Actually I've just read the letter & it's almost exactly the same as the previous one - i.e. contact us to cancel receiving this item you never showed any interest in the last time we sent this letter. Bit pissed off - thought they might have had a different letter for people who contacted to cancel previously asking if they'd contact if they'd changed their minds. Obviously that would be too sensible/complicated - I hope there's not a similar disaster waiting subscribers!

Hi

Has anyone got the contact details from this letter please as I still haven't received mine and would like to try to stop it, although it is probably too late now.

Thanks

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 06 October, 2018, 05:38:45 PM
ABC Warriors probably won't be complete either - I reckon we'll get up to the end of Volgan War.

Interesting.  I've been doing my own speculation offline and I thought we might be able to squeeze a bit more in than that.  My guesswork:

Vol 3 (194)
Hellbringer pt 2 (48)
RoadKill (6)
The Third Element (24)
The Clone Cowboys (18)
The Tripods (18)
The Zero Option (18)
Assault On The Red House (18)
Shadow Warriors 1 (44)

Vol 4 (166)
Shadow Warriors 2 (44)
Shadow Warriors 3 (60)
Volgan War 1 (62)

Vol 5 (208)
Volgan War 2 (64)
Volgan War 3 (72)
Volgan War 4 (72)

Vol 6 (236)
Retun To Earth (74)
Return To Mars  (79)
Return To Ro-busters (83)

Admittedly those are mostly pushing the top end in terms of page counts but all of them are within the range we've already seen in the MC and UC. 

Reorganising such that Vol 4 is all of Shadow Warriors and 5 & 6 split The Volgan War material between them leaves us with some quite slim vols (vol 3 154, vol 4 148, vol 5 126, vol 6 144).  Page counts that low are outside the range of what we've previously seen in the collection, although given the above conversation they would be pretty standard for some of the other collections.

Am I missing something?

athorist

Quote from: Magnetica on 06 October, 2018, 03:25:22 PM
Ok great, thanks. I am actually reading SD vol 2 right now but haven't got that far. The reason I asked was because it wasn't listed on the Wikipedia page - but that is wrong given that.

That was me, sorry. Added it now :)

If the Wikipedia editor who added another story I missed is here, then thanks to you too.
You need light here even in the morning
Compared to this St Petersburg was nothing

The Fall - No Bulbs

BPP

Quote from: sintec on 07 October, 2018, 10:07:35 AM

Interesting.  I've been doing my own speculation offline and I thought we might be able to squeeze a bit more in than that.  My guesswork:

Vol 3 (194)
Hellbringer pt 2 (48)
RoadKill (6)
The Third Element (24)
The Clone Cowboys (18)
The Tripods (18)
The Zero Option (18)
Shadow Warriors 1 (44)

Vol 4 (166)
Shadow Warriors 2 (44)
Shadow Warriors 3 (60)
Volgan War 1 (62)

Vol 5 (208)
Volgan War 2 (64)
Volgan War 3 (72)
Volgan War 4 (72)

Vol 6 (236)
Retun To Earth (74)
Return To Mars  (79)
Return To Ro-busters (83)

Admittedly those are mostly pushing the top end in terms of page counts but all of them are within the range we've already seen in the MC and UC. 

Reorganising such that Vol 4 is all of Shadow Warriors and 5 & 6 split The Volgan War material between them leaves us with some quite slim vols (vol 3 154, vol 4 148, vol 5 126, vol 6 144).  Page counts that low are outside the range of what we've previously seen in the collection, although given the above conversation they would be pretty standard for some of the other collections.

Am I missing something?

Don't the hardbacks of the Volgan War contain quite a few extra pages of fight stuff?
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

sintec

Quote from: BPP on 07 October, 2018, 04:27:10 PM
Quote from: sintec on 07 October, 2018, 10:07:35 AM

Am I missing something?

Don't the hardbacks of the Volgan War contain quite a few extra pages of fight stuff?

That could be the thing I was missing.  Looking on Amazon the page counts for those volumes is 96 pages which is ~30 pages more for each book.  Which would probably end up looking more like:

Vol 3 (154)
Hellbringer pt 2 (48)
RoadKill (6)
The Third Element (24)
The Clone Cowboys (18)
The Tripods (18)
The Zero Option (18)

Vol 4 (148)
Shadow Warriors 1 (44)
Shadow Warriors 2 (44)
Shadow Warriors 3 (60)

Vol 5 (192)
Volgan War 1 (96)
Volgan War 2 (96)

Vol 6 (192)
Volgan War 3 (96)
Volgan War 4 (96)

moly

God two volumes for the Volgan war I know it seemed dragged out but nearly 400 pages

Dark Jimbo

Yup, that's it. I took my nominal page-counts from the trade collections rather than the progs when I tried to work out how far the ABC books might get. In any case, there wouldn't have been room for Fallout and we've had no Red Planet Blues or Dishonourable Discharge, so a 'complete' ABCs was never too likely...
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Two replies that in theory end the saga of the presubscription. Apparently, I was reactivated on 25/9 (which happened on the day they said "we can" as opposed to "we have"), and they were shipped three days ago. I'm told my next issues will ship on the 26th, which brings me somewhere in the middle of the delivery slot. I can live with that, but OH MY GOD. Just employ an extra customer services person or two, Hachette.

Sabreman64

I think I need my head testing. In spite of the numerous problems I've had with various Hachette partwork subscriptions before (which I won't go into now - perhaps some other time), I took out a subscription to this 2000 AD collection back in April. I've had one or two minor problems so far, but I've now got a bigger problem.

About a week ago, I received my first premium figure (Nemesis). The figure arrived damaged, as you can see in these two photos:

Now I suppose I could superglue the damaged part on Nemesis's head, but since I'm paying I believe £20 for each of these figures, why should I have to do that? Can someone please give me advice on the best way to obtain a replacement figure from Hachette?

Simon

moly

Simon private message them on Facebook is the best way to contact them when you message them give them you subscription reference

Swerty

I've emailed Hachette about cancelling my subscription twice now and still no response.Ive decided to just stop the direct debit.

IndigoPrime

Try hachetted400cancellations@jacklinservice.com

I hope you're sure about this; as you can see from my posts, restarting it can be a PITA.