Main Menu

Meg 409 - The Death of Dominion?

Started by Freddychopper, 15 June, 2019, 04:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddychopper

Got the post today - only read finale of the Torture Garden before i go myself to the garden centre. (See what I did there?). Stunning wraparound cover by Percival. His covers and art on this series has been spectacular each month and this is a great end to the series. A very thoughtful end too. Love this take on the bad boys of Dredd's universe and think they work much better removed from the world of Dredd . Can't wait to see where these two creators, Percival and Hine (hopefully!) take them next. Right! time to buy some top soil and then onto Lawless. To be continued.... ;)

Freddychopper

Jacqusie

Interesting what the great John Wagner & Tharg (Mr Smith) have to say about the potential return of Stronty Dog...

I like the fact that Simon Colby & Colin McNeil are being mooted to maybe continue the new Spector series in the Sci-Fi special, which may or may not be a good omen for Johnny Alpha and chums to continue... :thumbsup:

Richard

Torture Garden has been phenomenal. I'm going to find time to re-read Dominion and TG in one sitting.

Proudhuff

Well as is the way of things round 'ere, while the prog soars mightily over head Icarus style, the Meg slumps in the doldrums like some drifting derelict.

Dredd is a wordy but amiable drawing to getting of half a dozen story lines, with the continuation of Tharg's great ape obsession...

Lawless spoils the last six months by [spoiler]confirming Bobby did step out of the shower [/spoiler]

Diamond Dogs feels a bit more diamanté  I love an Easter egg but these seem a bit forced...but lets give it a chance to breath,
The Returners do what it says on the tin, nothing feeling fresh here,

The Stab Four: at last! finally the sexy ostriches of space are finally deadified... or are they woooooo :rolleyes:

Sorry to sound off, but its really not doing it for me
DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

Lawless worked for me. Sure, they could have basically destroyed everything and left it as old-woman Lawson gets shot by the SJS for being a pain in the arse. But for me the timey-wimey get-out worked nicely, and it's not like a reset. Things have changed. But, frankly, getting more of that strip beats getting no more of it regardless.

Proudhuff

True, maybe its just my time o the month, but I do like a bleak ending, or a ending that surprises, astounds or ends...to be contd?
DDT did a job on me

Nick Percival

Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 June, 2019, 03:29:11 PM

The Stab Four: at last! finally the sexy ostriches of space are finally deadified... or are they woooooo :rolleyes:

I must have missed something. What the f**k is a sexy ostrich when it's at home...?

dweezil2

Quote from: Nick Percival on 18 June, 2019, 10:07:00 PM
Quote from: Proudhuff on 18 June, 2019, 03:29:11 PM

I must have missed something. What the f**k is a sexy ostrich when it's at home...?

I presume it's a very droll reference to American Reaper, from Pat Mills, which ran in The Meg a while back!
Can't say I get the connection either!  :rolleyes:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Frank

Quote from: Nick Percival on 18 June, 2019, 10:07:00 PM

Fay Dalton's (fantastic) cover for Meg 371 has come to symbolize, for Huff, everything he feels is testing his patience. He's lost interest in the Dark Judges in general, rather than having a problem with specific stories.

Nick Percival

Ah, right. That's...er...totally clear now.

The Enigmatic Dr X

I felt the end of Dominion was a bit of a cop-out. Aren't all the Dark Judges now floating about (some on the planet, Death in space)?

Again.

This is the third or fourth time they've been left - literally - hanging about.
Lock up your spoons!

Nick Percival

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 19 June, 2019, 08:10:18 AM
I felt the end of Dominion was a bit of a cop-out. Aren't all the Dark Judges now floating about (some on the planet, Death in space)?
Again.
This is the third or fourth time they've been left - literally - hanging about.

Don't know if it's that many times. At the end of Dominion, Death, Fire & Mortis were still on the planet having killed nearly all the inhabitants, which led directly into the start of The Torture Garden. The end of Torture Garden (yes, involves some space floating!), does set up the next epic, however...

AlexF

Personally I couldn't imagine a more fitting punishment for Judge Death than trapping him in a box with only a collection of life-affirming poetry for company, all delivered in a seriously beautiful final page! A staggeringly well-earned story beat from messers Hine & Percival. Am curious to see if any of it will seep into Death's philosophy going forward...