Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Haven't always loved the cover choices in this collection, but that's a cracker.

And gives a good flavour of the contents, to boot! Hope it runs from 'Hell and High Water' right through to 'Dragon's Island,' which is a hell of an image to end on.
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

A whole book of John Burns is quite a feat as well!

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 29 July, 2019, 12:37:11 PM
And gives a good flavour of the contents, to boot! Hope it runs from 'Hell and High Water' right through to 'Dragon's Island,' which is a hell of an image to end on.

That runs to 252 pages inc title pages... Slightly too much to fit in?
@jamesfeistdraws

Jade Falcon

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Dark Jimbo

@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

Quote(The much maligned Doctor Who: Tales from the TARDIS comic, which should probably just be put out of its misery.)

pour one out for their dc line which suffered delays and screwups to the point dc ripped the license away from them

IndigoPrime

Quote from: The Monarch on 29 July, 2019, 06:25:04 PMpour one out for their dc line which suffered delays and screwups to the point dc ripped the license away from them
I'm not surprised. I guess the Doctor Who comic had crap sales, but the manner they've got about it is pretty shoddy, to say the least. Weird gaps between issues (the comic is now five-yearly!), and fairly randomly reprinting the US stuff. When the comic first appeared (in A4 format), it was superb. What it's turned into is deeply disappointing.

Blue Cactus

I've been very selective about what to buy from this series, but I am buying Dante. Just checked the wiki page and if all goes to schedule it's one year from today that we should have a complete hardback series of Nikolai Dante. Fantastic. Haven't read them since the original progs and I haven't dipped in to these collections yet, waiting until I've got the whole lot and can read it from start to finish. Can't wait!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 29 July, 2019, 07:53:36 PM
I've been very selective about what to buy from this series, but I am buying Dante. Just checked the wiki page and if all goes to schedule it's one year from today that we should have a complete hardback series of Nikolai Dante. Fantastic. Haven't read them since the original progs and I haven't dipped in to these collections yet, waiting until I've got the whole lot and can read it from start to finish. Can't wait!

Doing the same myself and yep I can't believe we will get to that glorious complete Dante in hardback.

Dandontdare

yup, me too (though I don't have the willpower to wait fir the full set) - I saw that Dante cover and was straight over to FP to preorder!

abelardsnazz

As well as the title story, the Dark Justice volume contains all the stories included in the first Fall of Deadworld volume. Unfortunately it doesn't include the full-page Dave Kendall nightmare-inspired portraits of the four DJs, although these are shown in the article at the back. Stunning art throughout.

DrRocka

Has anyone else's Dark Justice got a misprinted spine? Mine seems to be bleeding around to the front cover.
Never ever bloody anything ever

abelardsnazz

Mine's a millimeter or two over, but I can live with that.

sintec

Quote from: DrRocka on 31 July, 2019, 03:02:06 PM
Has anyone else's Dark Justice got a misprinted spine? Mine seems to be bleeding around to the front cover.

How does it look on the shelf next to the previous Dredd vol and the first Strontium volume?
Does the spine image line up alright or is it the 3rd time this collection that they've ballsed that up?