Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 September, 2019, 11:53:37 PM
Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 12 September, 2019, 10:50:01 PM

Hungry, abused, powerless.

We are not powerless. We are the power - that's they're afraid to tell us, and what we're afraid to admit.

Tell that to the poor fuckers out there literally BEGGING for a No Deal Brexit.

The Legendary Shark

If they're begging for other people to save them, they can't listen. Anybody who believes in the state cannot believe in their own power. We're beaten - we've been brainwashed over centuries to believe that power comes from above.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

I blame Enclosure!

I'm not sure EU membership and international trade deals are decided at the anarcho-syndicalist level, Sharky.  I think you specifically need large nation states for that.

The Legendary Shark

Yep, you 'need' nation states to tell you who you can and can't trade with, what you can and can't buy, what you have to buy things with and how much of a kickback to pay the state.

Yeah, nation states are essential because there's no way ordinary people are clever enough to buy and sell things on our own...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Funt Solo

Like a Big Mac: tempting but ultimately unfulfilling.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tjm86

Quote from: Funt Solo on 13 September, 2019, 04:08:05 AM

... tends to sit like a bowling ball on the stomach, repeating at irregular intervals as the body struggles to digest it before forcing the lions share of the damn thing through the lower intestine and out the alimentary canal ...

Hmmm, does that work as an analogy?

Frank

YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH A COW

One for the Shark (Legendary) and the Monkey (Shaolin)

Life on the island of Eigg, where they drove off their feudal lord with fire and established an anarcho-syndicalist commune powered by renewable energy (using EU funds*).

WE THOUGHT WE COULDN'T DO WORSE THAN THEY HAD, WHICH WAS NOTHING

* There are dozens of such caveats in this one report, but let's not spoil the narrative

shaolin_monkey

Thank you, that was utterly brilliant!

M.I.K.

A brainless, rage-driven monster which leaves a trail of destruction in its wake and has an intelligent half that does all that they can to put things back to normal.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tjm86 on 13 September, 2019, 06:52:37 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 13 September, 2019, 04:08:05 AM

... tends to sit like a bowling ball on the stomach, repeating at irregular intervals as the body struggles to digest it before forcing the lions share of the damn thing through the lower intestine and out the alimentary canal ...

Hmmm, does that work as an analogy?

It works as an anal loggy.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

I want to visit the houses of all the people who don't want the RNLI spending less than 1p in every pound teaching Bangladeshi kids to swim* and twat them about the head with a lifebelt until their humanity reboots.

As if the RNLI doesn't do enough. As if it should be funded by donations in the first place. Pathetic racist shits.

And just wait until the Mail discovers they cover RoI too!

*Roughly 14,000 kids and 8,000 adults drown in Bangladesh every year. Probably worth a few pence trying to bring that down a bit, eh.

Funt Solo

He says he's the Hulk, but it looks like he's ... the Invisible Man.

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

IndigoPrime

UK news outlets swallowed the spin, though, including Channel 4 news.

Rately

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 17 September, 2019, 08:27:05 AM
UK news outlets swallowed the spin, though, including Channel 4 news.

Wow, just Wow.

We really are in the stupidest times.