Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

If my Ring doorbell footage is anything to go by, it looks like my 51/52 have arrived too. And with an oddly shaped package that could just be my Rogue statue.

Fingers crossed for you other subbers out there still waiting!

Mattofthespurs

It is indeed. My 51 &52 have just arrived and that is your Rogue Trooper statue.

Be prepared though, it's in a rather flimsy jiffy bag.

Mine, thankfully, has arrived unscathed.

IndigoPrime

They sent a statue in a jiffy bag? FFS. These people are massive idiots. (* has flashbacks to ten books being sent loose in a massive cardboard box – and five having to be re-sent, which were also sent in a massive cardboard box *)

Geoff

Nice one Matt! I'll keep my fingers crossed it's in one piece too!

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 27 August, 2019, 11:19:23 AM
They sent a statue in a jiffy bag? FFS.

Yep. I was fairly astounded and expected damage. The cardboard on the packaging of the statue had poked through a bit but it's in good condition. Number 0572 for people that like that kind of thing.

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: Geoff on 27 August, 2019, 11:19:28 AM
Nice one Matt! I'll keep my fingers crossed it's in one piece too!

Fingers crossed!

Rately

Fingers crossed then that 51/52 have arrived at home, and i can finally get caught up on the superb looking Deadworld.

Tomwe

Anyone wanna share a look at the Rogue figure?

Sharing Pete Ronnie‎'s photo from the FB group for those who don't use that page

Jade Falcon

I haven't been that impressed with the figures I've seen so far, but that one I must admit I like the look of.  Shame there's no way of getting hold of it.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

bedlamvr

Is it just me but doesn't that figure show how stupid the GI rifle design was ..no wonder they were massacred , because despite the fact there is a shoulder butt and scope the rifle itself is impossible to shoulder fire because the trigger guard is not under the body of the rifle but in line with the shoulder butt so the firer has to wind their arm around the shoulder butt to reach the trigger in a really unatural way ?

TordelBack

GI's were gened with bendy forearms. Also useful for unblocking the Milicom kludgey.

Bolt-01

I've always thought of the stock as being telescopic - it would slide in and out like a trombone...

bedlamvr

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 28 August, 2019, 08:42:25 AM
I've always thought of the stock as being telescopic - it would slide in and out like a trombone...

Well if it also made the sound it would be an entirely different design flaw 😄

Jade Falcon

Well, no 2000ad partwork at the newsagents, apparently due to the bank holiday.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

TordelBack