Main Menu

New Judge Dredd Partwork! (Judge Dredd Mega Collection)

Started by iutley, 04 September, 2014, 09:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

COMMANDO FORCES

I did mention that they'd only printed the first two issues at the gathering, on Saturday, hence number 3 not saying hello in the shops but I never expected this. Oh well, it's a shame, mustn't grumble, life goes on and all that!

Molch-R

According to Hachette, this is a letter bringing the four-part test series to an end - that's all.

COMMANDO FORCES

Huzzah! Does that mean the shops won't get parts three and four due to the uptake online securing the series!

judgerufian

Oh well, at least if those online subscribers get the first 4 issues it'll be a nice little addition to everyones collection. A real pity it didnt take off though but a galant try none the less by Hachette

JOE SOAP

Quote from: judgerufian on 15 October, 2014, 02:55:52 PM
Oh well, at least if those online subscribers get the first 4 issues it'll be a nice little addition to everyones collection. A real pity it didnt take off though but a galant try none the less by Hachette

Ahem...

Quote from: Molch-R on 15 October, 2014, 02:41:42 PM
According to Hachette, this is a letter bringing the four-part test series to an end - that's all.

Anzati

Quote from: Molch-R on 15 October, 2014, 02:41:42 PM

Ah, so is this due to the previously mentioned change in spine image?

Bolt-01

Squaxx- This is a liscenced product. Tharg himself may have some awareness of this, but why would the good droids of the Nerve centre know 'anything' that you don't?

Patience is advised. What will be, will be and we will all find out when we need to know.

moldovangerbil

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 October, 2014, 02:47:43 PM
Huzzah! Does that mean the shops won't get parts three and four due to the uptake online securing the series!

Part 3's already been in the shops in the test areas...

Banners

Daveycandlish

I'll be surprised if this gets continued unfortunately. I subscribed last week and my subscription number was 140-something. That's small press numbers. The number of folk who pick it up in shops rarely dictate the longevity of a partwork. Think how many you see blitz Smiths for the first few issues and are never seen again - it's subscriptions that make one of these economically viable and I doubt they've had enough takers...
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

TordelBack

Quote from: Daveycandlish on 15 October, 2014, 03:24:58 PM
I'll be surprised if this gets continued unfortunately. I subscribed last week and my subscription number was 140-something. That's small press numbers.

True, but how many people outside of the test areas and this here board have ever heard of the partwork, let alone seen a copy in the flesh?  Multiply the initial numbers up (inter)nationally and maybe it could be a runner. 

COMMANDO FORCES

Perhaps due to us lot hearing about it and then subscribing before it officially went nationwide, we messed their marketing analysis up!

Let us still be hopeful that it's prepping for the full release :thumbsup:

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 15 October, 2014, 03:10:05 PM
Squaxx- This is a liscenced product. Tharg himself may have some awareness of this, but why would the good droids of the Nerve centre know 'anything' that you don't?

Patience is advised. What will be, will be and we will all find out when we need to know.

Calm reason... GET OFF THE INTERNET!

moldovangerbil

strontium71

My sub number was 004 , and I'm still waiting for them to send number 1  :(
...because I hate you.