Main Menu

Zenith Phase One

Started by jabish, 22 October, 2014, 01:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zenith 666

Complete Zenith was worth every penny I paid for it I loved zenith in the prog and girlfriend got it for me for  Christmas I'll never be selling it and I'll be picking these single volumes up as well.im delighted it being reprinted for everyone else to read and it might put an end to those vermin who only bought it to cash in for extortionate sums on eBay.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Skullmo on 22 October, 2014, 05:24:57 PM£60 tops RRP? Or are we comparing apples and oranges?
The RRP of the volumes is—so far—20 quid per book. That might go up by the fourth one—who knows? Of course, Amazon et al may price them lower.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

Quote from: Zenith 666 on 22 October, 2014, 05:26:05 PM
Complete Zenith was worth every penny I paid for it I loved zenith in the prog and girlfriend got it for me for  Christmas I'll never be selling it and I'll be picking these single volumes up as well.im delighted it being reprinted for everyone else to read and it might put an end to those vermin who only bought it to cash in for extortionate sums on eBay.

I think that's a fantastic attitude, and if I'm honest I'll probably buy the single volumes as well. They're irresistibly double dip-tastic!

btw, if you love Zenith this much you should check out the Zarjaz fanzine, if you haven't already!

Tombo

Sorry, meant to say you could get it for less than £60 if you shop around.  Lets be honest how many people are going to pay RRP if there's a cheaper alternative.  Loyalty to Tharg is one thing, but Christmas is coming and M&S food ain't cheap  :)

IndigoPrime

My point regarding RRP was that if someone has the SE, they'd easily be able to cover the costs, even when paying full price; with the likes of Amazon's discounts, that's even more the case!

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Jimmy Baker's Assistant on 22 October, 2014, 03:33:54 PM
Those of us that bought the Complete Zenith made the new individual editions possible.

It's rather a shame that we've been a little bit stiffed over page-size and extras, but had our edition bombed, or been suppressed by Morrison Lawyerbots, then one of the greatest ever British comic stories may well not have seen print again for decades....

Exactly. No-one knew how Morrison would react to it being reprinted against his wishes.

Skullmo

Quote from: Tombo on 22 October, 2014, 06:28:29 PM
Sorry, meant to say you could get it for less than £60 if you shop around.  Lets be honest how many people are going to pay RRP if there's a cheaper alternative.  Loyalty to Tharg is one thing, but Christmas is coming and M&S food ain't cheap  :)

M&S! You should be shopping at Morrisons!

(see what i did there)
It's a joke. I was joking.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 22 October, 2014, 07:19:47 PM
Exactly. No-one knew how Morrison would react to it being reprinted against his wishes.

I'm confident Rebellion had a pretty solid idea... otherwise, that's quite a lot of money to put on a random punt into the unknown...*

Cheers

Jim

*See also, the many 'Not really sure Grant's got a leg to stand on' threads on this very forum.
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Goaty

Well I never read Zenith before, I arrives to 2000AD late. So good worth to get?

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Goaty on 22 October, 2014, 10:16:37 PM
Well I never read Zenith before, I arrives to 2000AD late. So good worth to get?
Unless you abhor Morrison, yes. It's a great yarn, fizzing with energy, and with some fantastic Yeowell art (especially Phase III).

The Adventurer

Ah Zenith. The last great Thrill I've not had the pleasure of experiencing in some form. Its been a long road, but its finally here.

I want to say a quick thanks to Rebellion for their pricing choice on the digital edition. Age of the Wolf came out this week also, its paper back edition is 17, but its digital is 10. Zenith Phase 1 is a 20 hard cover. But its digital edition is only 8. Reflecting its lower page count (112 v 160). This attention to content length to pricing is greatly appreciated!

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

radiator

Yes, it's fantastic.

judgerufian

Quote from: radiator on 23 October, 2014, 05:59:15 AM

Yes, it's fantastic.

Definately. Its also interesting to see 2000ad do the cape and cowl type superhero.

Darren Stephens

Yes, I'm not a huuuge Morrison fan these days, but Zenith is class.
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Timothy

The story is great, the art is exceptional, and the new printing is a very handsome volume indeed. If I were being hyper-critical the only thing missing would be some sort of foreword.