Main Menu

Competition - Win a copy of the upcoming Brass Sun TPB

Started by Pop Culture Bandit, 05 November, 2014, 08:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pop Culture Bandit

Courtesy of the lovely Molch-R droid and our Betelgeusian overlord, I have a copy of the upcoming Brass Sun: The Wheel of Worlds hardcover to give away.

All you need to do is create your own world akin to that of the Orrery. Just come up with a name like those seen in the book (Hind Leg, The Keep, Hot Air, etc) and give us some details on what it is like - be as imaginative as you like - include sketches, doodles, full blown art pieces, whatever.

The most imaginative entry chosen by our judges will win the hardcover, with the runner-up receiving the first two issues of the US floppy edition (covering the first book)

Full details available here > http://www.popculturebandit.co.uk/2014/11/competition-brass-sun-wheel-of-worlds.html

judgerufian

Great competition and many thanks to all involved.

Any final date to submit ideas by?

Dash Decent

Quote from: Pop Culture Bandit on 05 November, 2014, 08:56:20 PM
Just come up with a name like those seen in the book (Hind Leg, The Keep, Hot Air, etc)

So to win this story so you can read it, you already have to have read it?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Theblazeuk

Pop Culture Bandit

Quote from: Dash Decent on 06 November, 2014, 10:41:38 AM
Quote from: Pop Culture Bandit on 05 November, 2014, 08:56:20 PM
Just come up with a name like those seen in the book (Hind Leg, The Keep, Hot Air, etc)

So to win this story so you can read it, you already have to have read it?

Haha. A real Catch-22 situation!!

But in all seriousness, I do give an example of the planets featured in the book and invite customers to use their own imagination to design a planet to fit into the Orrery. To enter all you need is imagination and a rough idea of the concept behind the series - a clockwork universe.

And, judgerufian, closing date is Weds 12th November!

Ta,
Jamie
popculturebandit

judgerufian

Pop Culture Bandit

Just a reminder everyone - there's only two days left to enter this competition.

I'll be honest - entries haven't been as forthcoming as I'd have liked, which is surprising as I thought this would be right up most people's streets. Flex a bit of creativity for the chance to win a decent prize. As a result, you have a very good chance of winning either first or second prize if you knock something together before Weds.

http://www.popculturebandit.co.uk/2014/11/competition-brass-sun-wheel-of-worlds.html

Good luck

judgerufian

Pop Culture Bandit

Hi guys,

Here are the results of the competition with the winning entries included. There were some really great entries that didn't make the cut, and I wish I had enough prizes to give everyone something. As it is, I extended the prize range to include a third prize!

Anyway, enjoy!

http://www.popculturebandit.co.uk/2014/11/competition-brass-sun-wheel-of-worlds.html