Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Droid Life vs Judge Inspector Inaba - Rd 1 Heat 41

Started by Colin YNWA, 29 November, 2021, 06:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week 6 and, brace yourself, we get over the half way marker in Round 1... yes when I said this was the biggest of these things yet I wasn't messing about! We're not even half way... in Round 1... and Round 2 is bigger than Round 1 before you get your hopes up... we're in for the long haul here folks!

Tricky one to compare this as they are clearly such different things BUT that's not stopped us before and won't stop us now right... one day I might run an utterly random Tourney with ties like Tom Frame's lettering vs The cover of Prog 451... sorry I'm getting distracted...

Which most rattles your thrill-receptors:

Droid Life - more info

Vs.

Judge Inspector Inaba - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 2nd December and the winner gets a place in Round 2 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Huey2

O Lucky Stevie!

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

AlexF

Droid Life, please. there are occasional outings where I don't get the joke, but it's such a reliable hit of joy in every Prog it's in, especially the bumper Xmas-Prog sized episodes, always chock full of the most obscure 2000AD-related puns.

abelardsnazz

rogue69

Blue Cactus

I like the character of Inaba. Particularly when she first appeared in Shimura, I enjoyed seeing this incredibly capable woman working within a very patriarchal judge system. But then we're assessing her solo stories only.  I like it whenever she turns up but she lacks a little depth beyond being a really good judge. Rennie did some solid stories with her fairly recently in particular.

Droid Life is fun and it's been around for YEARS now without outstaying it's welcome.

This is a bizarre comparison which is exactly what I'm enjoying about this tournament!

Hmmm. Droid Life

Magnetica

Not sure why but I always struggle to read Droid Life but despite that it gets my vote.

Link Prime

I quite enjoy Droid Life on occasion, and nearly gave it the nod, but then I remembered that single episode of Inaba with that sensational Frank Quitely artwork - Babes with Big Bazookas.

Inaba for the Katsu!

Funt Solo

I'm not too sure what we're comparing, and I'm assuming this is just the Inaba titled episodes of Babes With Big Bazookas and Big Lix & Flying Kicks, with Hondo City Justice getting its own chance later.

On that basis - my vote goes to Droid Life, for many years of creative punning.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"