Main Menu

Batman Live - Arena Tour 2011

Started by Dandontdare, 13 November, 2010, 08:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Anyone heard about this? http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/11/details-emerge-on-batman-live-arena-tour-updated/?

Looks like they've crammed in as many of the well-known characters as possible, but doesn't really say if it's aimed at a young audience, like the Dr Who Live tour, or a darker more mature audience as per the movies. I may need to borrow somebody's children as an excuse to see this!

The article mentions the Spiderman musical which seems to be having all kinds of problems making it to the stage - which may not be a bad thing!

Van Dom

Yeah I saw this advertised in the paper last week. This will definately be a night out for me and the boy!:)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Mardroid

I actually saw it advertised on the news, although the main story was the fact that there were going to be new Batmans stories set in Britain.

Devons Daddy

If I where in the UK. for this I would travel far.

a potential great day out, if has a London venue, you could the DR.Who experience and this. what a weekend.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

AllenVaugh

That was wonderful event.. now i wait for the next..

tumnus

I saw this advertised some time back, on a short facebook ad if memory serves me right? Certainly worth a look though from what I've heard.

House of Usher

Quote from: Mardroid on 16 November, 2010, 07:15:28 PM
the main story was the fact that there were going to be new Batman stories set in Britain.

I hope they get the fog right.
STRIKE !!!

Mardroid

Quote from: House of Usher on 11 March, 2011, 10:53:05 PM
I hope they get the fog right.

Heh. Interesting you should say that. I was listening to Michael Caine in the commentary of Harry Brown last night. (Great film, and he is really funny in the commentary, especially considering just how grip the real film is.) At one point he spoke about Americans' perception of London being foggy. He said that in the old films they actually added thick fog so wouldn't have to build more set.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Mardroid on 12 March, 2011, 01:16:58 AMAt one point he spoke about Americans' perception of London being foggy. He said that in the old films they actually added thick fog so wouldn't have to build more set.

Nice.

Spaceghost

First pics of the cast have been revealed -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1376161/Batman-Live-Arena-tour-stars-unveiled-Gothams-finest-hit-road-time-stage.html

Robin looks shit but the rest look pretty good I think.

Quite looking forward to this now.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Dandontdare

Holy Body Armour!

The villains look good though

zombemybabynow

Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

judgerufian

seeing as the O2 have just taken my money and still not sent me the minimal info on the show or my seats, I am now starting to get excited (and relieved its not a scam)about this! seems very Batman forever though....

Keef Monkey

We're very tempted by this, can't say I've ever been to something of it's like (unless you count taking my niece to High School Musical On Ice for her birthday).

Pete Wells

I went to see this last night, it was cheesy as hell but pretty good. Think the awful Joel Schumacher Batman and Robin mixed with the brilliant Arkham Asylum game with a peppering of the Circus of Horrors.

The audience was mainly adults but there were a fair few kids there too. It was a delight to watch them, for it really must have been a magical and at times, quite scary experience!

Worth the £20 the missus paid for the tickets.