Main Menu

What is the proper rank structure in the MC 1 Justice Dept.

Started by The dude, 05 March, 2017, 10:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Yep, things like the unarmed sub-light Dark Justice colonising expedition make little sense when you think about the speed of travel we've seen in Judge Child, Dead Ringer etc, and the colonial wars and hostile aliens we've seen in the Dredd strip and spin-offs. I'm happy to rationalise it as the luxury indulgence of the super rich wanting to get the hell out of their cemetery of a city in utopian even pastoral comfort, a sort of mobile version of Condo rather than a serious project,  but 'speed of plot' covers it too.

Eric Plumrose

Quote from: Magnetica on 06 March, 2017, 12:31:00 PM
Hmmm... The Judges just all seem to know each other. That was fine when there were only seven of them ( or there abouts). Not sure how that works now.

Name badges help, I'm sure.
Not sure if pervert or cheesecake expert.

Richard

It's not in the writers' interest to add too much of this sort of detail, as it can tie their hands in later stories (or, more likely, lead to continuity discrepancies to enrage us and prompt outraged debate on this forum). This may have been said already, but just in case it hasn't.

ZenArcade

Damn, been off the forum for a couple of weeks.  I go with the idea that there is a Chief Judge ; heads of divisions; Sector House chiefs and below that just Street Judges in a fairly autonomous, self sufficient working  environment.
Why would you need anything but the rudiments of a command structure when you spend 20 odd years indoctrinating and training an 'induvidual' to become a justice dispensing machine.
A light hand of control is all that would be necessary or prudent (too much oversight negates the philosophical essence behind creating an independent self sufficient entity consisting of a Judge, Jury. Policeman and paramilitary) you would blunt their ability to act independenty.
SJS weed out the bad ones full stop.
The term Senior Judge us just that a Judge who through particular skill sets or length of experience is cranked one notch above the general street judges. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

Quote from: ZenArcade on 11 March, 2017, 10:38:20 AM
The term Senior Judge is just that - a Judge who, through particular skill sets or length of experience, is cranked one notch above the general street judges.

I'd have thought it was mostly due to length of service, but this seems to suggest otherwise. The usual proviso of 'they're just making this up as they go along' applies:

The Legendary Shark

Academy Class Final Position + Length of Service + (Arrests Made / Ongoing Proficiency Assessment Score) X  WAGNER = Rank.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]