Main Menu

2000 AD Website Back and Badass!

Started by w3bz, 25 August, 2009, 10:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

w3bz

Quote from: Minkyboy on 25 August, 2009, 11:05:01 PM
Ha Ha funny moving banner!

Looks like Joe is pumping some bellows.
Zenith? over his shoulder has seriously aged and is hiding from the paps.
Nemesis is steam powered.
Dante has the worst gut rot ever.
Red is a man in drag.
Tor Cyan? is wiggling his man boobs.
And everyone's drinks are empty, must be Sinister's round!

Brilliant.

Rest of the site is great too.
Not sure the staff section is very enlightening though.

Staff section is having piccies done but other than that they'll get linked to creators as and when people do stuff :)

Pete Wells

Looking great fellas, well done to all. One thing though, with the site now being so wonderfully huge, it could do with a 'Search' option.

Ha W3BZ, the droid that castrated Dante!

w3bz

Search is later, but will be available it's on our ever expanding "to do or hide from" list  :o

Emperor

Quote from: w3bz on 25 August, 2009, 11:05:38 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 25 August, 2009, 11:03:30 PMOne thing I noticed though was that the creators are being sorted by first name not surname.

Yeah (slaps Vin) - it will be by surname

Cheers.

Will there eventually be somewhere people can enter the weekly competition online?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

VinceBot

Son of a-

New thread for issues and whatnot, with a to-do list by myself: 2000 AD Online - New site teething tome.

w3bz

Quote from: Emperor on 25 August, 2009, 11:10:00 PM
Quote from: w3bz on 25 August, 2009, 11:05:38 PM
Quote from: Emperor on 25 August, 2009, 11:03:30 PMOne thing I noticed though was that the creators are being sorted by first name not surname.

Yeah (slaps Vin) - it will be by surname

Cheers.

Will there eventually be somewhere people can enter the weekly competition online?

Again on the list. Eventually you'll be able to login on the site and access quizes, competitions and other such non-science willy nilly

planetoid

Looks great. Love all the characters at the top. Nice to see the archives - both creators and progs - back in a new revised format. Thrillpower has returned to the 2000AD website.  :)

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Well it took a while but well done to everyone involved in its creation, it looks fantastic.

SmallBlueThing

Looks zarjaz! Slaine wallpaper duly downloaded.

Hope to see the site expand as the weeks go by!

Steev

LGDROID

This is so effing cool....
congratulations guys!

Odd_Bloke

Looks great, but Flash navigation makes me cry inside (and after attempting to use it for more than about 5 minutes, outside too).  :(

Buddy

With all due respect that banner thing is shit.

What exactly is the point of it? And did the end result justify the time and effort spend actually achieving it?

I mean.. 'ohh look the characters heads giggle about abit in an unconvincing manner!'

pifft!

Will check out the rest of the site in due course, but looking at that home page (which is mostly just a big white space) I'm in no hurry.

Paul faplad Finch

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 26 August, 2009, 01:14:59 AM

What exactly is the point of it? And did the end result justify the time and effort spend actually achieving it?

I mean.. 'ohh look the characters heads giggle about abit in an unconvincing manner!'

pifft!

Will check out the rest of the site in due course, but looking at that home page (which is mostly just a big white space) I'm in no hurry.

Had the same thought about the banner but the fact is this is the first time the site proper has actually worked since I joined the forum so I figure I can live with a minor irritant that, lets face it, is hardly going to detract from the rest of the great stuff on there(and more to come) in any  meaningful way.
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

Edkaye

Wow! It's back. I'm so happy that I even re-registered for the forums! Woooooooo!

Nice work guys!
Please check out my website http://www.hypergeek.ca for tons of comic news, review, interviews, recommendations, articles, columns, previews, and more!

Edkaye

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 26 August, 2009, 01:14:59 AM

pifft!

With all due respect that was a really douchey way to go about saying that. I too thought the top banner was a little 'busy' when I first loaded it. But it didn't turn me into a raging ass-hat that felt the needs to slap the very people that spent so long redesigning the site for us!

Urgh, see, this is is why I don't use forums. This is the first time I have logged on since 2007, and I had to remake my account then because I forgot my previous one. I'm already thinking of logging off again...
Please check out my website http://www.hypergeek.ca for tons of comic news, review, interviews, recommendations, articles, columns, previews, and more!