Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Feeley Good

Davgardo

Cry of the Werewolf  colour spreads!! Looks a good volume this. Personally I'd have liked Starborn Thing but you can't have everything.

Harmony on the other hand.... I don't even think I'll attempt re-reading this. Or am I misremembering it and it's actually half decent?

IndigoPrime

Issue 72: Independent Operators (#22)
Harmony: Blood and Snow; Homeward Bound; Transient 114; Genocide (with two episodes in dashing purple); Headcase; Hellgate; Killer Instinct; The Piratcal Legend of Anne Bonney;
O'Rork: Totem
Three covers + Molcher text piece, 'New Frontiers'

IndigoPrime

Issue 73: Famous Monsters (#74)
Cry of the Werewolf
Out of the Undercity
Dog Soldiers
Tarantula
Costa Del Blood
The Blob
Nosferatu
Black Widow
Eight covers + Molcher piece, 'Here Be Monsters'

IndigoPrime

I don't recall much about Harmony, but don't remember it being among the 'never darken my door' strips. That volume is basically Harmony though – not a mix of characters. The Dredd volume looks like it could rival Mad City in my affections. Cover-to-cover goodness.

The Monarch

ah purple harmony thats what happns when you commission bw art when prepping a full color meg xd

abelardsnazz

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 09 October, 2017, 11:20:54 AM
Issue 73: Famous Monsters (#74)
Cry of the Werewolf
Out of the Undercity
Dog Soldiers
Tarantula
Costa Del Blood
The Blob
Nosferatu
Black Widow
Eight covers + Molcher piece, 'Here Be Monsters'

Great news that Nosferatu and Black Widow are appearing after the later Nosferatu story appeared in Total War. And that there's some annual & special stories in there too - this is going to be a pretty definitive collection, a few duff volumes aside. An index is still needed though!

Dark Jimbo

Bit dissapointing that Independent Operators wasn't built mainly around Al Ewing's Tempest. Not really a favourite of mine, but, you know, it's Al Ewing!
@jamesfeistdraws

Geoff

I've not read any Harmony before, must have been released during my absence from the prog and meg.

Just from flicking through, I'm not getting a good feeling about it....is it worth a read?

IndigoPrime

Is anyone's #73 a mess? Mind has very light blacks on some pages of the lead strip, on which you can faintly see panels from elsewhere on the page.

Tomwe

Krysler's Mark now listed on Hachette site. What else will be in there beyond City of the Damned?

QuoteIn his quest for the Judge Child, Owen Krysler, the boy that was predicted to save Mega-City One from a great future catastrophe, Dredd saw evil in the youngster and left him to his fate on the planet Xanadu. But the psychically powerful Krysler wants revenge on the lawman – as do the surviving members of the Angel Gang...

Tjm86

With Ezquerra, I'm guessing that this would be Destiny's Angels.  Jason Brashill?  'In the year 2120' from prog 1077.  Gibson had me scratching my head until I remembered he did one episode of City of the Damned.  IIRC the episode in which the mutant is attacked by Grunwalder's robot.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Tomwe on 12 October, 2017, 02:58:02 PM
Krysler's Mark now listed on Hachette site. What else will be in there beyond City of the Damned?
Jason Brashill = In the Year 2120.
Carlos = Destiny's Angels?
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 October, 2017, 07:22:53 PM
Is anyone's #73 a mess? Mind has very light blacks on some pages of the lead strip, on which you can faintly see panels from elsewhere on the page.
^ Anyone on this? Would be handy to know. (I just sent a mega-gripe over to Hachette. It'll be interesting to see what response I get this time. At a minimum, I'm after three replacements, but I pointed out seven books I'm unhappy with.)

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 12 October, 2017, 04:13:41 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 10 October, 2017, 07:22:53 PM
^ Anyone on this? Would be handy to know. (I just sent a mega-gripe over to Hachette. It'll be interesting to see what response I get this time. At a minimum, I'm after three replacements, but I pointed out seven books I'm unhappy with.)
Can't see any problems like you say in mine. The 'insert' pages could be blacker, have some slight variation in the black that could almost be some other art but not the strip pages.