Main Menu

Good evening all

Started by Judo, 19 February, 2012, 10:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judo

Hello there 2000ad board people how are you all today? I schmooch about this board quite often as a silently passing 'guest' to find out news and see the fan vibes on different matters but finally got around to making an account. so yeah my intro... Im a 23 year old fan girl from Glasgow. I work with disabled people, taking them to art groups and things. My interests are comics, music, films, GW/DnD, rock clubs, hard scifi, fashions, yo3 and video games. I have other adds on facebook and things but will only give them to people i have spoken to at least a few times and dont seem too psychotic. My favourite 2000ad artist ever is Colin Macneil and favourite writer is Alan Grant, but I like a lot of others too. And thankyou to admin person who approved me x x
Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

bigjobs67

Fuck the admin Judo! Your more than welcome. Colin is a top artist and unlike McMahon he's stuck with the prog for all those years.  Welcome.
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

Roger Godpleton

He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Jared Katooie

Hi Judo, welcome to the forum.

If you're a fan of Colin you should check out the Wednesday night chat session as he often pops in for a natter. Some of the other people there are okay too  ;).

here's a link to the thread.

Judo

Hi everyone and thankyou for the responses. Yes Colin is a very gifted artist and aside from his professional life is a very nice man. I email him sometimes as I was out night clubbing with him one time. he has a wide variety of styles and has been more consistent than some of my other faves though i wont name any names as that would be rude. His pastel work from the late 80s is my fave period x

Emperor

Welcome. It always good to stretch the demographic envelope around here ;)

Quote from: Judo on 19 February, 2012, 10:33:27 PM
My favourite 2000ad artist ever is Colin Macneil

Oh we all love Colin here, when they iron the kinks out of human cloning we are all going to get out own like Clone Col. :)

Quote from: Judo on 20 February, 2012, 01:20:18 AMHis pastel work from the late 80s is my fave period x

Have you got a sketch from him yet?

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 19 February, 2012, 11:31:06 PMFuck the admin Judo!

#cough#  ::)
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Judo

Yes, I'm representing for the girls as always. w00t w00t.

Aww everyone loves Col but sorry you cant clone him, he's one of a kind, he'll break your machine ;)

No but how I met Colin was that I was very drunk and calling some people boring for asking for judge dredd for almost every sketch he did and I was saying fuck dredd I want a sketch of me and Colin high fiving. He laughed and was very nice to say to come back when he was finished for the day but I had to say 'sorry Col I love you but I shall be in the pub by that point!' ;) I think he could appreciate that lol as he laughed and said fair enough. but i did get on his actual commissions list so im sure ill get something sometime but what im not sure - any suggestions?

When do I get a face admin?

x

Emperor

Quote from: Judo on 20 February, 2012, 02:30:36 AM
Yes, I'm representing for the girls as always. w00t w00t.

Aww everyone loves Col but sorry you cant clone him, he's one of a kind, he'll break your machine ;)

Very true, you can't clone awesome.

No but how I met Colin was that I was very drunk and calling some people boring for asking for judge dredd for almost every sketch he did and I was saying fuck dredd I want a sketch of me and Colin high fiving. He laughed and was very nice to say to come back when he was finished for the day but I had to say 'sorry Col I love you but I shall be in the pub by that point!' ;) I think he could appreciate that lol as he laughed and said fair enough. but i did get on his actual commissions list so im sure ill get something sometime but what im not sure - any suggestions?

Oooo, it'd probably be Devlin Waugh for me. Although I'd imagine he'd be up for you and him high-fiving, it'd be unique.

When do I get a face admin?

We can't currently provide faces although there are some face changing machines around the back (although they currently mainly consist of a lump hammer and some superglue - science has yet to catch up with John Wagner's vision yet, although it gets closer everyday).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Judo

Good choice, good choice with Devlin and his awesome 'tasche. Yes he was up for high fiving but its more of a sketch than a commission. im currently getting a commission that needs two artists, Gary Erskine and Carlos Ezquerra, so i dont really have the cash for Colin right now anyways. Though gary's a wee doll and said he'd do it for free if I do him a favour. But! I'm definitely staying on Colin's waiting list 'til I have The Perfect Idea.

That's not fair :( youre 6 years old and you have a face. I'm 'well jell'

x

Van Dom

Greetings and welcome Judo, good to have ya on board.
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

bigjobs67

Soz Emperor. You know I fuckin love you really. I don't know ya! but I love ya.
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

TordelBack

Welcome Judo, and mind the gap.

betel_uk

***JUVE ALERT - - - JUVE ALERT***

:o WTF???? I've had to google some of that stuff to try and make head or tails of it!!!! I'm guessing you're not talking about the YO-3 "Quiet Star" plane...  :lol:

Anyway Judo, welcome to the boards...

... and thanks for making me feel old!  :-[

Emperor

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 20 February, 2012, 08:56:11 AM
Soz Emperor. You know I fuckin love you really. I don't know ya! but I love ya.

Careful, or I'll re-up my restraining order.

Quote from: betel_uk on 20 February, 2012, 12:27:57 PM
***JUVE ALERT - - - JUVE ALERT***

:o WTF???? I've had to google some of that stuff to try and make head or tails of it!!!!

Me too - what is this "fashion" they speak of? Is it significant that it is in the plural form?

Spikes

Now then Judo, and welcome  :wave:

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 19 February, 2012, 11:31:06 PM
Colin is a top artist and unlike McMahon he's stuck with the prog for all those years.

Easy Tiger, no dissing the Mc,  ;)