Main Menu

Freebies and/or bargains

Started by bluemeanie, 19 April, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

radiator

Quote from: Link Prime on 18 December, 2012, 07:19:22 PM
'The Walking Dead' (Part 1) is currently free on iOS.
It's actually pretty bloomin good.

Ah, fucker. Just paid for this last night!

Link Prime

Quote from: radiator on 18 December, 2012, 10:42:34 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 18 December, 2012, 07:19:22 PM
'The Walking Dead' (Part 1) is currently free on iOS.
It's actually pretty bloomin good.

Ah, fucker. Just paid for this last night!

The impetuousness of youth...

Albion

90% off some EA games in the App Store at the moment.
Just got FIFA 13 for the iPad for 69p.  :)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Goaty

Awesome, got the Walking Dead app :)

Steam got Xmas sales.

Goaty

There whole of The Walking Dead for £10.49 on Steam now.

shaolin_monkey

On iPad, Blueprint 3D HD is currently free.  It's a nifty visual puzzler where you tilt lines around until they form a blueprint. Quite addictive.

Goaty

Wow, I love new app The Room, so smartest puzzle game! It on sale of 69p at iOS.

bluemeanie

Really enjoyed The Room. Finished it in a few hours but it was a few hours where I couldnt put the ipad down

Also got Fifa, awesome on the ipad

Playing Zombie Tsunami now which is a freebie. Pretty fun

Link Prime

Quote from: Goaty on 05 February, 2013, 09:35:01 PM
Wow, I love new app The Room, so smartest puzzle game! It on sale of 69p at iOS.

I loved this too, and would definetly buy a sequel.
Didn't like the overly generous 'hint' option....I'd prefer to get stuck and come back to it when frustration levels dropped!

I, Cosh

Well, this seems like a ludicrous bargain even if you don't much fancy the main game. Buy Bioshock Infinite, get the original Bioshock, X-Com and another game with some decent choices. All for £24.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/bundles/#bundle-41
We never really die.

bluemeanie

At the risk of "I havent actually played it, but the trailer OUTRAGED ME!" comments...

Hitman Absolution.

Fiver over on the Square Enix website. Gives you a code to put into steam, where oddly its still showing as £20, job done

Anyway, enjoyed the original Hitman way back when and IGN gave this new one 9/10 so looking forward to it.

1.4 of 11gb downloaded.....

https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/

The revamped and optimised Final Fantasy 7 also a fiver as is Sleeping Dogs which I also really enjoyed.

Richmond Clements

FF 7..? Shiiiit! I haven't got the time..!

James Stacey

It's still the same old FFVII, just tweaked to play on current PCs and an added cheevo system (which is no bad thing). Squenix have said they'll never do a revamped FFVII till they produce a game better than it, which seems unlikely.

bluemeanie

Yeah? I thought they'd tidied up the graphics for this version and made it all higher rez.

But yeah... I want this. Want to have it on my pc. Dunno if I want to start it again though as I lost a LOT of hours to this back on my old playstation. Absolutely loved it.
Anyone seen Final Fantasy Advent Children btw? Well worth a look if you're a fan of FF7

James Stacey

It's higher res insofar as it will play at higher resolutions than was possible on the PS1, so it will look crisper, but they haven't upped any polygon counts or textures. There was a techdemo of FFVII done to launch the PS3 which is itself showing its age http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVCYy8C5Av4 but that was as far as they got.