Main Menu

Comics you are most excited about in 2014

Started by Ancient Otter, 12 September, 2013, 08:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

2013 is moving on and solicitations for titles coming in 2014 are starting to appear...

I've not been collecting The Manara Library titles from Dark Horse but I will be getting volume 6: The Borgias, written by Alejandro Jodorowsky. It's down for January.

Another Paul Pope rerelease is due in April, Escapo. It's going to be coloured and extended and will be released by Z2 comics, a small publishing house.

Link Prime

The Unwritten is relaunching in January 2014, and if you haven't been reading it for the past 5 years, then you've been missing out on one of the best ongoing titles out there.

I'm not a big fan of relaunching / renumbering, but if it gets more peeps reading it, then what the hey?

http://www.newsarama.com/18686-after-fables-game-changer-unwritten-to-relaunch-in-2014.html

COMMANDO FORCES

2000 AD because of the Dredd/Death story that we are all waiting on ;)

Colin YNWA

Was hoping to be able to say the next Johnny Red, but alas doesn't seem to be coming?

Really pleased that we're finally getting Showcase Presents Jonah Hex volume 2 after all this time.

Sure they'll be more to come...

Link Prime

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 13 September, 2013, 03:56:03 PM
2000 AD because of the Dredd/Death story that we are all waiting on ;)

If obviousness was a crime you'd be doing a 25 year stretch on Titan!   :D

radiator

These threads are a great resource for me to check out lots of stuff on Comixology, so thanks, and keep 'em coming!

Link Prime

Something I overlooked 20 years ago was Sam Keith's The Maxx.

Really looking forward to IDW's re-release of the series.
Now I just have to decide if I'll be getting it in floppy or hardback format...

http://www.idwpublishing.com/news/article/2631/

Colin YNWA

Uh never read The Maxx but have heard nothing but good things about it. I'll defo be checking this out. Thanks  for the heads up on that one. Am I reading this right and its being reprinted as a monthly floppie? If so I'll be trying that I reckon.

Satanist

Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Satanist on 15 September, 2013, 04:18:05 PM
I just saw this and want it very much but have no idea when its coming out...

http://www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog/the-bojeffries-saga/717

Be mindful that's been there for a while and is very possibly like my much longed after Bacchus Omnibi (spelling?) and are on the books but not scheduled. Top Shelf are a small company and they can't get all the things they'd like out. So its possible it might be some time. I asked the owner when we might get Bacchus at Thought Balloon last year and he said he really wanted to get it out but costs meant it might be some time. I'd guess this might be the same... except with Alan Moore's name attached you'd think it was a fairly safe bet?

Judge Brian

Hopefully there will be a reprint of Nikolai Dante volume 3, or better yet, a Dante Omnibus.

Mabs

Quote from: Judge Brian on 15 September, 2013, 06:09:49 PM
Hopefully there will be a reprint of Nikolai Dante volume 3, or better yet, a Dante Omnibus.

Wow an omnibus? Now that's something I would love to see!
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

sheldipez

Quote from: Mabs on 15 September, 2013, 07:40:14 PM
Quote from: Judge Brian on 15 September, 2013, 06:09:49 PM

Wow an omnibus? Now that's something I would love to see!

It really needs it. I had a look for the trades when it wrapped up in the prog and a bunch of them were oop and going for silly money.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 14 September, 2013, 01:56:55 PM
Uh never read The Maxx but have heard nothing but good things about it. I'll defo be checking this out. Thanks  for the heads up on that one. Am I reading this right and its being reprinted as a monthly floppie? If so I'll be trying that I reckon.

Yeah Colin, floppies and collections.
I think it only ran for 35 issues, so at least we'll be aware it's only a 3 year commitment. I've been Googling some art from the series- absolutely fantastic.
Will be great having IDW's top notch production values too.

By the way- I was skimming through IDW's Dec 2013 solicitations a few mins go; issue 2 is out then, so guess I was two months premature for posting on the 2014 thread.  :-[

Ancient Otter

Quote from: Link Prime on 15 September, 2013, 09:45:34 PM
By the way- I was skimming through IDW's Dec 2013 solicitations a few mins go; issue 2 is out then, so guess I was two months premature for posting on the 2014 thread.  :-[

Well if you are waiting for a collection of the first few issues I imagine it 2014.  :lol: