Main Menu

Comics you are most excited about in 2014

Started by Ancient Otter, 12 September, 2013, 08:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

credo

Having spent way,way too much money acquiring a complete Lone Wolfand Cub collection I'm not sure what I think of this. Iust don't see why there needs to be any more story. It's Ogami Itto's story, not Diagoro's.

Hawkmumbler

Does anyone have any idea what exactly will be in the The Best of Action! Collection? All the pre-banned stuff?

M.I.K.

In 2014 I will likely be buying some of this...

http://downthetubes.net/?p=12567
Especially the NEW DEATH'S HEAD!!! stuff.

Hawkmumbler

Oh now THAT I like! Marvel really seems to have taken to Deaths Head at the moment, and that looks like a perfect trilogy of one-shots.

The Adventurer

Hurm. I was a huge fan of Capt. Britain & MI13, and this does look like as close as we're likely to come again. Also Andy Lanning is pretty reliable, a little weird to see him without Dan Abnett though....

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Link Prime

Quote from: The Adventurer on 19 October, 2013, 11:09:03 PM
Andy Lanning is pretty reliable, a little weird to see him without Dan Abnett though....

Like chips without cheese & gravy in Liverpool.

PS- I'm deliriously drunk, and pretty hungry. It was on my mind.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 20 October, 2013, 01:55:33 AM

Like chips without cheese & gravy in Liverpool.

I'm yet to find anywhere in the world that does cheese pies like you get in a chippie in Liverpool. Just a glorious chemical treat. Whenever I go back I like to get one... I miss them so.

No not relevant to the thread but thought I'd share.

The Adventurer

Wait, you mean Fries (see: Chips) & Gravy with cheese curds? Poutine?

Because I LOVE me some Poutine.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

JamesC

Quote from: M.I.K. on 19 October, 2013, 10:41:25 PM
In 2014 I will likely be buying some of this...

http://downthetubes.net/?p=12567
Especially the NEW DEATH'S HEAD!!! stuff.

I'll definitely be picking these up. I can't think if a better artist to draw Death's Head 2 than Richard Elson.

Hawkmumbler

Attack on Titan is getting two prequels and a comedy spin-off released next year from Kodansha. Good news for me, who loves the series, and will none plus any of the number who just don't get what all the fuss is about.

Link Prime

Quote from: The Adventurer on 20 October, 2013, 09:28:38 AM
Wait, you mean Fries (see: Chips) & Gravy with cheese curds? Poutine?

Because I LOVE me some Poutine.

Holy shit, some wiki reading reveals you Canucks know how to do this right.
If I ever visit Canada, I'm gonna eat that EVERY DAY.

Thread relevance; yeah, the Deaths Head & Marvel UK stuff looks interesting with some mighty fine creators attached (Coleby, Erskine & Elson to name three).
Think I'll digital sale / trade wait though- can't be goin getting that lot at $3.99 a pop.

sheldipez

Quote from: Link Prime on 21 October, 2013, 12:16:57 PM
Thread relevance; yeah, the Deaths Head & Marvel UK stuff looks interesting with some mighty fine creators attached (Coleby, Erskine & Elson to name three).
Think I'll digital sale / trade wait though- can't be goin getting that lot at $3.99 a pop.

All that UK revival stuff sounds great and if it was later on in the year I might pick them up too but my pull list is near excessive at the mo and there's a few new stuff starting (like Romero's new Dead series for Marvel in Jan) I want to add in so hopefully there'll be a cheap revolution trade paperback for this lot.

Ancient Otter

Boom! are reprinting in January the Okko collections Archaia had, I wonder if they will translate the fourth series The Cycle of Fire.

Colin YNWA