Main Menu

Darkie's Mob Collection

Started by Ancient Otter, 31 March, 2011, 08:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ancient Otter

The collection is in stock with bookshop distibutors, anyone seen it on the shelves yet?

Daveycandlish

I've had an email from Amazon this week saying it's been delayed by a few months!

Fecking Amazon  >:( - I want it now!
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Colin YNWA

Anyone got their hands on this yet? Amazon has it listed as 'Out of Stock' and I didn't see it on any shelves this weekend (though it was a far from exhaustive search)

Marbles

I'm waiting for this also - curious to know if a scan I supplied of a sketch of Joe Darkie by Mike Western (a year or two before his death) has been included. Fingers crossed!
Remember - dry hair is for squids

Marbles

Greg M.

It's out, all right! Just received my copy from Amazon, though it seems to be back out of stock again. It's fantastic stuff, and it's good to see it in its original unexpurgated form (when it was re-run in the Megazine several years ago, I think editorial curbed the strongest excesses of the language.) I love Mike Western's artwork... I wonder what the chances are of The Sarge getting a reprint? That's long been one of my favourites.

Marbles... if you stick up a copy of the sketch you mention, I can tell you if it's in (though I don't think it is, I didn't see anything that looked like it might have fitted the bill.)

Marbles

Hopefully the sketch is on this link (I can't access right now as its blocked at work).

http://www.frothersunite.com/marbles/fanboy/DarkiesMob_chuffed.html

Greg M.

Quote from: Marbles on 12 April, 2011, 12:21:49 PM
Hopefully the sketch is on this link (I can't access right now as its blocked at work).

http://www.frothersunite.com/marbles/fanboy/DarkiesMob_chuffed.html

Hmm, that gives me a 'You have reached an address that does not exist' page.

Ancient Otter

Finally got my hands on it. There's a warning on the back cover: "Warning: This book contains strong language that some might offensive". Contents include:

A introduction by Garth Ennis.
A text story from the 1990 Battle Holiday Special
Covers gallery of 8 Battle covers over two pages.